Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Skin For Forum

Go down 
+3
huzup
JoshBrfc
TickTok
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Ok - This is the last one I will put up - If you can give your opinion on the one you would like to be our skin from friday onwards - I will then put the most popular up.

Obviously if you want the original one again - that can be done too.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:18 pm

I think I am almost preferring one of the last two, simply because they make it very clear which areas have new topics.

For instance, this has a yellow notepad thing instead of a white, and the one before said "new posts". Very distinct.

I know the original had red circles etc, so really any of those 3 would be good, but if we are fancying a change, I think either of the two most recent.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:03 pm

This is it!
This one!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:05 pm

This is nice. Quite similar to the original, yet a little more modern.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Agreed! ALOT better than the last one.. keep it keep it Razz

With a new picture up top liek before.. it would be perfect imo.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm liking this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm

This is by far the best one yet.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Looks like we have a winner - What do you think Red?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:52 pm

I like this skin.

One problem I am finding, don't know if it is just me or what, but the space allowed for making a post seems smaller. Maybe my posts are too long, but after a couple of paragraphs I run out of space. It lets me continue typing but I can't see what I am typing.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:58 pm

I am having an issue and I dont know if it can be easily rectified because it is not much of an issue.
Basically what I am saying is, if it cant be fixed, dont bother, I was just checking.

With the images we have at the top of the page (football cards or whatever they are), I often forget that the links are up there for Home, FAQ etc. The problem here, is that I often overlook private messages that I have received.

I wonder if this bar can be moved somehow, so that it does not overlap the pictures.

As I said before, not a major issue, but a little niggle that should be fixed IF it can be done easily!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah I have had the same problem a few times - seems to come n go. When I use one of my kids laptop - its fine - but on my huge screen - more often or not its the same as u describe. I have looked into it and will do so again - might mean having to have a smaller image at the top - any ideas or offerings?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Just to point out quietly, that the banner on this wonderfully Xmasy skin has the word Christmas, spelt CHIRSTMAS!!!

OOPS.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:08 pm

I have to say I never noticed that - which I am sure is no suprize to u all who love reading my well puy toogetehr posyinga Smile

This was one of the few skins that I tried n worked.

Maybe in the new year we should look at moving - starting afresh??
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 pm

On a completely different board?

Could do, but its not really a case of where we are, its who we have.

Sure, we are a few members short of a great amount, but would changing areas change that?
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 6:01 pm

lol i noticed the spelling as soon as i saw this Laughing Wink

And well i enjoy reading and posting with you guys.. so whatever happens i will continue to be there lol .. i agree though, a few more decent members would be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:58 pm

My thoughts on moving has more to do with frustration with the inability to attract new members.

I very much enjoy the friendship that has grown between the hardcore members of this board & still take in your views more than anywhere else, I just hope you agree we do need some fresh blood here to give a different point of view to a few subjects.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:49 pm

And encourage more regular topics!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 am

As much as I love the festive skin this forum has, I am in support of changing back to a normal one because its too difficult to read the links!!!

Im forever just clicking in hope of getting the right thing. Sorry for being a Scrooge but it is the 29th after all. Haha.

And as a side note, anyone done any research on finding us another home Razz.
Could always gatecrash the old board. Would anyone expect that? (This is a joke)
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

Number of posts : 127
New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35 / 99935 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Its nice to have a change of skins for seasons, I do that in my forums, however I find this one very hard to read as the colors don't stand out against each other.
Have had my face slose to the screen many times trying to read! LOL

As far as getting more members, what attracts people to football boards most? Suggest putting that in the title so it shoes up in searches regularly. I enjoy it here!

The forum title suggests its a football forum when in fact it covers many sports. Do you make it a football forum or a sports forum? Which would attract more members? Maybe make it football only? Maybe add the word soccer somewhere as well to maybe get more North American interest?
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35 / 99935 / 999New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 am

Hey what happened!? This is MUCH easier to read!! Very Happy

Once the holidays are over, maybe replace the background image with a good football one!
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 am

This is ALOT better than the festive stuff. I know it was only good thinking, but my god it was an awful skin, on the eye. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:32 am

One more thing I forgot to suggest/mention. Any chance we could get a shoutbox in the forum? Its nice to be able to post a comment or whatever where everyone sees it like in WW or elsewhere.
Its easy in Vb, but not sure what phpBB has to offer.
We used to have one, however it wasnt as good as the Vb ones.
Just a suggestion!

Happy New Year!!!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:19 am

Trickster wrote:
One more thing I forgot to suggest/mention. Any chance we could get a shoutbox in the forum? Its nice to be able to post a comment or whatever where everyone sees it like in WW or elsewhere.
Its easy in Vb, but not sure what phpBB has to offer.
We used to have one, however it wasnt as good as the Vb ones.
Just a suggestion!

Happy New Year!!!

Hello Trickster

Happy new year mate

I would be all for a shoutbox, but although this board has one, you have to log into it to see whats been said, and when it was up here, very few used it.

Truth of the matter is - as u say Vb is a excellent standard of board what with better picture space arcades and other benefits, but you have to pay for it & we dont really have the membership who would be prepared to pay out for a better board. Granted the better board may well attract more punters, but as we have failed in the past year to attract any new members, I doubt a new board would change our luck.

Of late, and I know at Christmas boards slow, but we have only around 4 or 5 regulars now. Even those at the meeting we called a while back who were full of beans on ideas have fallen away.

I enjoy the friendship among the few regs here - I am sure they agree thou - while its nice having a tight knit group - this board needs more new blood than a Vampire on a blood bank crawl.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:01 am

I echo your thoughts Tick. I enjoy reading and discussing with you guys.. but it could with being a bit more active, with a few more users. Hopefully we can get some.
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 am

I see we have lost the background image! LOL
Any chance of a summer theme now! Smile
Still keep hoping we get some new members! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skin For Forum   New Skin For Forum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skin For Forum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Welcome to Talk-Football :: Announcements-