Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Empty
PostSubject: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:23 pm

See I told you - Broad isnt a Test Match Bowler Shocked

Mutley
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 pm

I finally feel that he has repaid me for my faith!!!

He has bowled well in this spell, but most importantly, he has been backed by tight bowling at the other end.

Still has all the potential, needs more wickets, more performances like this. Always knew he had it in him from his county performances, and he is a fine fine number 8 with the bat. You barely find one better.

Just build on this, keep delivering with the ball and take 10for in this match Razz
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Fantastic stuff here from Broad - he was the man that would have been dropped if Panesar was brought in but he has shown his worth to the bowling attack - an awful pitch here at the Brit Oval but Broad is bowling superbly.

He was the only shining light from the last test match and seems to be the form bowler in the England attack.

If England can keep Australia to around a 100 runs behind (which is still a massive task) this will make for an exciting second half of the match.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 pm

The oval is a pitch for draws. England need a result to have any chance of retaining the Ashes.

So the groundsman has prepared a result pitch. Whats the problem?

Its a good cricket wicket. Something in it for the quicks, its bouncing and turning. And if you get yourself in, you can score some runs. No problem.

Its not a bad pitch, its a result pitch Razz
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:04 pm

It's an awful pitch - the top surface is pants and its all brown and seems dusty. But as you point out it's a results pitch and thats the only way England will get wickets.

Broad is doing damage with cutters and rolling his fingers on the ball. Now Swann is getting into the wickets and maybe the defecit will much more than 100 - will they even get past the follow on?

Broad gets his 5th.

Aussies in disarray
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 9995th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:17 pm

If you can - Tune into TMS at Tea - They are interviewing Chris Broad - Dad of Stuart - It seems Dad was moaning like crazy at last test match - They are making my son bowl badly - forcing him to bowl short n hostile instead of pitching up n allowing his swing to take over.

Could be interesting
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

I certainly can. Might make interesting listening.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:41 pm

England have lost a couple of early wickets but I dont think thats going to be a problem at all.

I reckon if England get any lead of over 300 - no matter how long the Aussies get to bat England should win this game.

209 ahead at the moment and barring a collapse we should be looking at over 350 closing on 400.

Broad and Swann may have just won Strauss the Ashes. (And Swann's job is only half done)
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Oh ye we won - if you didnt know

Still no good at one dayers - and I know 12 year olds who have better communication when running between the wickets than Owais Shah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer   5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer Empty

Back to top Go down

5th n Final Ashes Test of the Summer
Page 1 of 1