Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?

Go down 
+2
TickTok
JoshBrfc
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Empty
PostSubject: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:00 pm

WES BROWN!!!!!!!!????????

Last time he played for England he was terrible. Johnson is by far a better player and so is Richards in my view. Brown is over-rated and had only played one match for United before Capello called him up.. So much for not choosing the 'big clubs' players......

Oh and should Owen have been left out yet again??
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:05 pm

I would LOVE Owen to be in there. Maybe next time eh Sad
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:32 pm

I really dont know about Owen - There is part of me that really wants him to return to the England set up - lets call it my Heart - but the thing between my ears tells me he isnt the player he was.

I guess what gets me is Beckham churns out the caps n cant run.

While the signing for England biggest club has done Owens credibility wonders, it does not look he is first or 2nd choice up front.

Maybe in a twist of fate for him, a different United forward will have a long term injury this season allowing him more start time.

On Brown - I have to agree - he falls into the barrel of players that find a England shirt cause of the club he plays for, of which there are many over the years.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:49 pm

It is only on form players that have really got in. No owen, that is good. He is shit.

On brown, who is there better that could go before him? Johnson is in the team, so it doesnt matter if hes a better player. Not sure what your point is. Not as if Brown has replaced him. And Micah Richards....dont make me laugh. He burst onto the scene, got injured or whatever and has been shit ever since. Watched him in Citys last game and was less than impressed. But thats my opinion and yours is yours, but neither are "on form". So Capello picked Brown. Why not?

Brown may have just played the one game, but there is no other right back challenging for a call up so when Capello NEEDs another right back, naturally he's gonna pick the best player in the past if there is no1 on form. You have to fill the positions. If the top 26 on form players were all midfielders, I think you'll still find some of them not making the squad.

Capello is spot on. Lennon, on form, in the team. Crouch and Defore, on form, in the team. The list goes on. Beckham of course is a debated topic, but the fact is, he does still do a job and for me, quite frankly, hes better than useless Barry. The jury still out on Beckham, but other than that, Capello has is spot on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Maybe you are right that there isn't a particularly better choice than Brown at the moment, but that doesn't change the fact he is still shit. I still prefer Richards over him. Even than other youngster City have Onouha is better than Brown in my view. I think Upson would do a better job in right full-back than Brown (although he may be injured I don't know). But you can't say that Richards hasn't played well for England when he has been in the squad, and especially in the Under-21 team, he was one of their key players. Brown has been rubbish every time he has played for England, I don't like him as a player, I think he's over-rated and don't think he's good enough for United first team, let alone being included in the England squad.

Moving on though, what about Shawcross? He's in terrific form at the moment and I believe he should have been called up, even if it was to just sit on the bench until 80 minutes. Look at Ferdinand's display in the last England match, surely that shows his concentration isn't what it used to be. Surely it's getting to the point where Capello needs to start looking at other options.. plus Ferdinand's long-term fitness also seems to be an issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:18 pm

Owen I would have liked to see be included in the squad.. but a few substitute appearances and one goal isn't really enough to be quite honest. As much as we'd like to see the old Owen again, back to his best for England, the fact of the matter is, there are a lot of strikers on form and playing well at the moment and theres obviously not enough places for Owen to be included. (One thing though.. Heskey.. Normally I would defend his call up, and still will to some degree. But he isn't playing at all at Villa of late, so that for me seemed an odd pick. However, I think he was picked for simply being Heskey, the big strong, holding up and linking up player he is. He has put in some good performances for England recently and for that I do think he still deserves to be in the squad. However, if Carlton Cole can improve his holding up abilities and heading, then I think he will play a big part in future England squads and will be the natural replacement for Heskey).

Also.. who does everyone think will start?

My guess..

Foster (unfortunately)

Johnson Upson Terry Cole

Beckham Lampard Barry Young

Rooney Defoe

Defoe to start after his last performance, Gerrard dropped to the bench due to 'poor form', even after the last Liverpool match, and Barry has been playing well for City. Young and Upson are the two I'm unsure about though.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Good point on Ferdinand and good point on Shawcross. That is an area Capello needs to address. Maybe he still has faith in Ferdinand. Still, hes not fit at the moment so theres no way of looking at him.

Upson is in the squad I believe, so perhaps he would be ahead of Brown, but that is inconsequential, since Johnson is in the squad and will play. Brown is decent, not shit. Not Utds best, but a very solid defender. Johnson, I think, is not the best defender at all and his credit comes from going forward. Better teams, in the world cup, will find him out. Brown is a defensive right back option, maybe that is Capello's thinking? Who knows.

Considering players like Onuoha (wathever) and Shawcross, I would be nervous about throwing in untested players so late in the qualifying. We are looking toward the world cup at the end of this season and perhaps it is a little late for new players to be considered? Just a thought there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Yes, I do agree with you about the untested players in the qualifying.. its risky.. look what happened with McClaren. I think it would be a good idea to see what a good few more players are like in the next set of friendlies. As in just shove in a whole new bunch, just give them a trial as there would be nothing to lose.

I saw that you didn't think much to Owen.. but what about in the full World Cup squad.. should he even be left out of that? Surely not, even if he isn't playing regularly, afterall, Teddy Sheringham was included in the 2002 squad.

Last edited by Conservative on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Conservative wrote:
Young and Upson are the two I'm unsure about though.
Not Lennon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm

abcdef wrote:
Conservative wrote:
Young and Upson are the two I'm unsure about though.
Not Lennon?

I see Lennon coming on sometime in the second half as their players tire. Best time to bring someone like him on in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Does anyone think that Capello already has his starting XI down for the first game of the world cup?

With the exception of Joe Cole in the mix I actually think and being 90% on the keeper I think he knows his xi barring injuries.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:50 pm

I am of the opinion that Capello knows.

With regard to the keeper, I reckon he is 90% on James with Green as backup, unless the latter or anyone else does something spectacular between now and SA.

If Joe Cole gets minutes under his belt and has a decent season, he will make the squad hands down and be a great addition. Wont necessarily be a starter, now that Gerrard seems to able to operate capably from the left. Another great option to have though.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:56 pm

A fully fit joe cole needs to be there. The lad is important for the wc imo.

I find it strange and annoying that Robbo doesn't even get a look in these days. Shocked Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
A fully fit joe cole needs to be there. The lad is important for the wc imo.

I find it strange and annoying that Robbo doesn't even get a look in these days. Shocked Mad

I shall make my point twice Josh, as you have done Smile

Robinson was first choice for a long time before he was at Blackburn, made far too many mistakes, dare I say, even more than James made when he was No.1 before Robinson first came in. James, overall is a better keeper than Robinson, but as I said, Robinson had his chance and to be fair, I can't blame Capello for having him at about 3rd choice, especially after the disaster era with him and McClaren.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah he had a bad spell under Mclaren, but in all fairness who didn't ? lol

Since he has been at Rovers he has been great, i have witnessed that for myself. The guy is getting back to the top of his game which earned him the England number one spot infront of James in the 1st place. The fact that Robbo is way down the pecking order confuses me it really does.. I mean Ben Foster is wayyy to over rated.. as some of us know. Laughing

I shall get used to it anyways, Robbo playing for a small northern club aint going to get picked.. unless we somehow get into Europe or something...
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 am

Capello may have most of his squad in mind, but it may not necessarily pan out the way he hopes it will. You can't discount the possibility of injures, a number of the first choice players are susceptible to injuries and may not be available or in the best of health. Too many times England have taken players to the World Cup that weren't fully fit and it has come back to haunt them.

The keeper is still up in the air and I don't think Capello is sold on anyone yet , he maybe leaning in one direction but none of the possible keepers have made the job their own. This one I believe will come down to who's in form and in the best health, and that could be any of 4 or 5 possibilities.

Joe Cole, Walcott and Hargreaves are players that if fully fit have to be in the squad and maybe even starting. If Lennon keeps up the form he is in right now, does Beckham even make the team?

I think it is too early to say the team is picked and there will likely be a surprise or two yet for the us fans and even Capello.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Going back the original name of the thread:

David Dunn, Matt Taylor, Gary Cahill, Gabriel Abonglahor, Chris Kirkland, Titus Bramble...

Thoughts please?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:39 pm

None of them are good enough. Lets not be joking.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Dunny, Agbonlawhoreeeeee are the only 2 i think are good enough to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Conservative wrote:
Going back the original name of the thread:

David Dunn, Matt Taylor, Gary Cahill, Gabriel Abonglahor, Chris Kirkland, Titus Bramble...

Thoughts please?

With ever body healthy, none of them would make the team. With the injuries to the centre backs Cahill has a shot, he's certainly better than Upson and as good as Lescott. Kirkland may make it as the third keeper, but the problem is which striker and midfielders do you drop for Abonglahor, Taylor and Dunn?
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:03 am

Lescott is shit, id put cahill or bramble ahead of lescott.
Seriously
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Laughing Kinell i'm surprised to hear you say that mate.. he is over rated i think, just didn't know you felt that bad about him Laughing

Would you of rather seen Dunne there instead of him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?   What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players? Empty

Back to top Go down

What was that Fabio? You only pick on-form players?
Page 1 of 1