Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England hold on again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England hold on again Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England hold on again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

England hold on again Empty
PostSubject: England hold on again   England hold on again EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Have to say I am very impressed with this group of boys currently wearing the 3 lions.

They refuse to be beaten n given half a chance to hold out for a draw, they stick around like super glue to the wicket.

Most impressed with Bell - Been a long time coming, but the boy has produced these past 2 tests.

Well done boys!
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England hold on again Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England hold on again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

England hold on again Empty
PostSubject: Re: England hold on again   England hold on again EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:29 am

I too was very impressed by the way we battled on the final day in Cape Town.

I said at work the day before, that the best thing that could happen to me, was to have a snow day (no work Thursday) and spend it sitting in my comfortable arm chair watching England battle their way to a draw.

And England did it in true English style, batting with 9 down for 3 overs as I sat (in the pub by now) biting my nails and making generally a fool out of myself given my excitement and nerves.

England have no shown 3 times in recent memory, twice in this series and once against the Aussies in Cardiff that they will go down with a fight, and in doing so, dont quite go down at all Razz

Its these battling qualities that can put us up there with the best teams in the world, the ability not to lose these games is key. A few years back, this series would be 2-1 to South Africa, but due to this new found ability to blunt bowling attacks, it stands at 1-0 to England. Marvelous effort.
Back to top Go down

England hold on again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports :: Cricket-
Jump to: