Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looks like King is done.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Looks like King is done. Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Looks like King is done. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Looks like King is done. Empty
PostSubject: Looks like King is done.   Looks like King is done. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 am

King is highly unlikely to play again at the World Cup finals.

King suffered pain in his groin after only four minutes of Saturday night’s 1-1 draw with the USA and limped on until half-time before being replaced by Jamie Carragher.

After being examined by England’s medical staff yesterday, there is a belief that King will be sidelined for two to three weeks, or possibly even longer.

Couple of questions.

Why was he allowed to limp around for til half time if he was injured in the 4th minute?

Does Upson now get his shot or are England going to go with Carragher?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Looks like King is done. Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Looks like King is done. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like King is done.   Looks like King is done. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 am

Firstly - I must underline how much I felt taking King was wrong in the first place. I kept on asking why? and here we are already down to 22 players after the one game.

Terrible management and I would not be suprized if Capello feels "Taken In" on the boy being able to manage the injury for 7 games without missing one.

I dont know why they allowed him to stay on. Probably to save face on their bloody decision to take him in the first place, as 4 mins would be some kind of record for Egg on ones face.

Carragher is too slow to play center half in a world cup because his way of defending is using his body in foot races to slow opponants down and we saw in the half of the game against USA he struggled n was booked quickly.

I would hope Upson is fiven the chance to play, but it was pointed out to me if he does, John will have to move to the right side, meaning he will be with that fucking useless lump Johnson.

Anyway, I dont understand why I am spending time tring to right the wrongs of this so called world class manager. Anyone that plays SWP on the left wing with Joe Cole on the bench and only takes one natural left footed wide player (been pointed out to me Warnock is also left footed, so 2 defenders are) is a moron.

They say Barry will be back and we will play a 3 in midfield again - Thats got to be interesting - We have already seen one Sicknote player get found out in the altitude - ever get the feeling the guy with the biggest ass in football to cart around in that altitude after being rushed back from injury is the next to tell John "I think I pulled my Hamstring" after 15mins?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Looks like King is done. Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Looks like King is done. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Looks like King is done.   Looks like King is done. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Hell of a lot of problems with this team. Surprises me since I bought into the Capello as a World Class manager hype.

SWP, I don't understand, can't see why he is even there. I had heard stories of a virus going around the English team and it's been reported that a number of the media following England have been sick. Milner had been sick all week and I thought he was not fit for the USA game and was removed because of it, but Capello says it was because he feared he was going to pick up another yellow. Was Joe Cole suffering from this virus also, because if he was fully fit I don't understand why SWP was used on the left side when he is barely adequate on his natural right side.

Dawson is another option, but has never really played for England and Capello seems to too conservative to throw an untested player into the thick of things. As for Johnson he's getting built up in the media. they say it's just like watching Brazil.

The altitude is causing problems. I read an article that Green had given a year ago where he says he suffers from Altitude sickness and doesn't handle it very well. He had climbed Mount Kilimanjaro a year ago and it just about killed him and weaker and unfit members of his party had done a lot better than him. Makes you wonder why Capello played him in that altitude.

With Barry back, there looks to be a change in formation, with Gerrard moving out left I assume and Lampard giving more opportunities to get further forward.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Looks like King is done. Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Looks like King is done. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Looks like King is done.   Looks like King is done. EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 pm

I would give Dawson a chance to be honest, but i can't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like King is done.   Looks like King is done. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looks like King is done.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: