Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andrew Strauss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Andrew Strauss Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Andrew Strauss Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 pm

I have been a fan of this guy since he first broke into the England team after Nasser Hassain spoke up for him and was very dissapointed when the other Andrew, Flintoff; was chosen as Captain for the Ashes tour a couple of years ago. I strongly feel that decision set Strauss back for a couple of years. He had captained England in a couple of home tests and did extremely well and I am sure fully expected to be captain for the Ashes as Flintoff while a great player had alot of baggage that has since come into the public eye.

I hope Strauss has a great upcoming series and scores plenty of runs.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Andrew Strauss Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Andrew Strauss Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Well he's got his chance to prove it - he's been selected as the number 3 batsman for tonights match, a massive role for anyone - lets see if he can step up to the mark.
Not my favourite by any means, not the most natural shot player, and you can see he has to put alot of thinking and effort behin his innings, compared to say someone like Vaughan, where his game comes naturally to him the longer he stays in.
England have to get something from this series, especially with New Zealand flying back with England to play another series, this time on English soil
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Andrew Strauss Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Andrew Strauss Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:46 pm

The boy is doing good at the mo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Andrew Strauss Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Andrew Strauss Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Have to agree. We have made a meal of the Kiwis in the last few tests but Strauss has been the batsman to really put his hand up. Having been out the side for a spell and having his position severely questioned, he came back in under pressure and did nothing spectacular at first. The critics were back at him, and in my opinion he was one or two innings away from his England career being all but over (thats not me thinking it shud have been, but thats how it was going to go).
And then with England plodding along as usual, we needed a top innings and Strauss delivered with a 177 that blew the Kiwis away and handed us the series victory over there. His average recently is over 50, and another key century in the run chase this week was key to victory.
Its a pity that other players havent been able to deliver, or make their contribtion felt as Strauss has, but I think he is really benefitting from time out of the team to reflect on and improve his own performance. He came back in and has delivered. I hope noone doubts his class, because though he is not the most fluent of batsmen, you never need to be as an opener. You need to be gritty, determined and able to construct your innings in any way you see fit. Strauss has the mental toughness for that and i am hoping he and Cook can open for England successfully for many years and series to come.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Andrew Strauss Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Andrew Strauss Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:16 pm

I'll give it to you tick for picking this one - the only batsman who's stood up to be counted - 3 consecutive half centuries (could do with converting them now) but he seems to have regained the form he had when he first came in.
Vaughan looking in ok nick too, and the top order has some shape about them.
Strauss is leading from the front - he's worked heavily on his onside strokes and the practice is paying off. More of the same and it might be 4-1 when theycome Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Andrew Strauss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew Strauss   Andrew Strauss Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew Strauss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports :: Cricket-
Jump to: