Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hello and help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Hello all, im new to these boards, from NY, USA. My favorite teams to watch are Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal (is it allowed to like all 3? lol).

In the last year or so i have become a big football fan (ill try not to call it soccer haha) as i watched the end of last season of the EPL and also the world cup this summer, so i wanted to try my hand at managing a fantasy team. Its hard for me to get news of the EPL here exept online, so i figured this would be a good place to get some questions answered, if you guys dont mind:

1) Can anyone tell me when fabregas is expeceted to return? i chose him for my fantasy team only to find that he didnt play in the first game.
2) If i had to choose between fletcher or scholes for my team, which would you recommend?
3) Why doesn't carrick see more time? is he currently injured or just out of favor?
4) Is milner likely to play this coming weekend for Man City? or is he not yet eligible after the transfer?
5) Is there a good website to go to where i can find out who will be included in lineups, who is injured, etc. each week? Then i wont have to bother all of u with these questions haha.

Thanks guys! Very Happy

If i should post this in a different section let me know.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
hello and help! Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999hello and help! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Welcome to the board.

Lots of questions. I will answer them later on tonight.

We do have a number of members that play fantasy football and you will find some information .

http://talkfootball.niceboard.org/football-competitions-f2/fantasy-premier-league-2010-11-t1562.htm

Curious about your user name is that the company you work for?

Also how did you stumble on to our site?

Back to top Go down
chelseaforthedrop

chelseaforthedrop

Number of posts : 269
hello and help! Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999hello and help! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 pm

PrestigeWorldwidewidewide wrote:
Hello all, im new to these boards, from NY, USA. My favorite teams to watch are Man U, Chelsea, and Arsenal (is it allowed to like all 3? lol).

In the last year or so i have become a big football fan (ill try not to call it soccer haha) as i watched the end of last season of the EPL and also the world cup this summer, so i wanted to try my hand at managing a fantasy team. Its hard for me to get news of the EPL here exept online, so i figured this would be a good place to get some questions answered, if you guys dont mind:

1) Can anyone tell me when fabregas is expeceted to return? i chose him for my fantasy team only to find that he didnt play in the first game.
2) If i had to choose between fletcher or scholes for my team, which would you recommend?
3) Why doesn't carrick see more time? is he currently injured or just out of favor?
4) Is milner likely to play this coming weekend for Man City? or is he not yet eligible after the transfer?
5) Is there a good website to go to where i can find out who will be included in lineups, who is injured, etc. each week? Then i wont have to bother all of u with these questions haha.

Thanks guys! Very Happy

If i should post this in a different section let me know.

Welcome to the board mate, just thought I'd point out that if you are doing the same fantasy league as us (fantasy.premierleague.com) then you get a ROUGH idea of who is injured, suspended or doubtful when you pick your team. The "i" box will be brown if doubtful (small injury) or red if injured or suspended
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 pm

1. Fabregas was deemed by Wenger not to be match fit, with the late return to training from the World Cup and being away with Spain in Mexico until a couple of days before the Liverpool game. He should play this weekend against Blackpool as Arsenal have picked up another injury in Nasri being out for a month.

2+3. Hard to say between Flecther and Scholes, both are susceptible to rotation. Flecther seems to play the big games against the top teams and Scholes is 35 and won't play like he did last week every game. Carrick played in the Charity Shield so he's not injured, but is also rotated and is probably a little out of favour due to the poor year he had last season.

4. Milner is eligible to play right away and will likely see some action against Liverpool Monday. However City have a boat load of midfielders so there will be times he doesn't play.

5. Sites that maybe helpful.

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/
http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
http://www.fantasyleague.com/
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/fantasy-football-blog/
http://www.fantasytools.co.uk/
Back to top Go down

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks a lot Red. The name is just meant to be silly, its from the movie Step Brothers with Will Ferrell. =] does the canuck in your name mean you're canadian?

I came across this site because someone (possibly you?) posted they had made a league and asked people to join on the ESPN soccernet fantasy forums (im doing that one as well). I scored alright in the ESPN league (53) but poorly in the EPL league (35). I actually joined your talk football mini league when u posted about it on the ESPN forums, have fun beating up on me lol. Sad

Anyway thanks for the responses. Now time to fix my midfield before i end up in last place...
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 pm

I do live in Canada.

I see where you have joined our mini League, team name prestige Worldwide.

Good to have you aboard on the forum and in the mini league. Hope you like what you see and spread the word.

and nice to have another North American in the mix.

Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Where in the US are you from?
Back to top Go down

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Glad to be here, thanks for the nice welcome. I'm from New York, just over an hour from NYC. Heard of Poughkeepsie?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:30 pm

PrestigeWorldwidewidewide wrote:
Glad to be here, thanks for the nice welcome. I'm from New York, just over an hour from NYC. Heard of Poughkeepsie?

I have heard of it. I am about 400 miles from there about an hour North of Buffalo. I have driven down the I-90 as far as Albany so that's close to where you are.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
hello and help! Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999hello and help! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Welcome to the board. It is really good to see that we can attract members to this board via our Fantasy League compeittion. I hope you will find that everyone on this board is friendly and will make you feel really welcome. There is no question that you can ask, that someone will not help with.

It will be our pleasure to help you to develop a love for our beautiful game, after all, we are very proud of it.

Welcome again, and feel free to join all of our competitions (that you will find in the compeitions section of this forum)

Feel free to ask any questions on the forum (in any section you deem appropriate) or PM the main guys (Red and Tick; they wont mind) if you want to ask something privately.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hello and help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello and help!   hello and help! Empty

Back to top Go down

hello and help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Welcome to Talk-Football :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: