Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last Man Standing

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:18 pm

I will start this from next week's games March 22nd.

Name any Premiership side playing on the weekend you think will win. If they do, you progress to next week, if they don't, you're out. Once you've used a team, you lose the ability to predict them in future weeks. So you can only pick a team to win once the rest of the year. Last man standing wins.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Hahaha.... I like it
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 pm

well thats just anyone who plays Derby (unless its Newcastle though)
good idea though
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

Number of posts : 127
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue35 / 99935 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-09

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:33 am

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:46 pm

There are Saturday's games for the Last Man Standing (if Annemarie joins it will be the Last Person Standing)

Saturday, 22 March 2008
Aston Villa v Sunderland
Blackburn v Wigan
Bolton v Man City
Everton v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Derby
Newcastle v Fulham
Reading v Birmingham
Tottenham v Portsmouth

Sunday, 23 March 2008
Chelsea v Arsenal
Man Utd v Liverpool

I was going to pick Middlesbrough, but to prove Huzup wrong, I wont.

I will start it off by picking Aston Villa to win next weekend.
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Well, despite that i still pick middlesborough
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Can i choose the same as someone else?
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I'll give Blackburn (to win) the added pressure of my selection. What happens if its a draw are you still standing (alcohol permitting!) or is it win only?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:52 pm

abcdef wrote:
Can i choose the same as someone else?

Yes it doesnt matter if everyone picks the same team. Won't happen even week and eventually people will drop out one by one.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:52 pm

dicanio wrote:
I'll give Blackburn (to win) the added pressure of my selection. What happens if its a draw are you still standing (alcohol permitting!) or is it win only?

Draw and you are out. Must be a win.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Ill back Villa for a home win then.
When it gets down to the last say 2 or 3 though, and each week there is a stand out result (like there usually is) we could see everyone picking the same team week in week out.
Perhaps with a certain number of people left, you could make it so that every picks a different side. First come first served, so to speak? Cross that bridge when we come to it though.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:18 pm

abcdef wrote:
When it gets down to the last say 2 or 3 though, and each week there is a stand out result (like there usually is) we could see everyone picking the same team week in week out.
Perhaps with a certain number of people left, you could make it so that every picks a different side. First come first served, so to speak? Cross that bridge when we come to it though.

No, the best way is.... during the competition.... u can only pick say Chelsea once.... u might get through the first 3 weeks picking Chelsea Man Utd n Liverpool......but then u r left with Arsenal the draw kings and the rest of the clubs.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Last Man Standing Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Last Man Standing Right_bar_bleue

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:04 pm

boro
just to prove myself right,lol
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 am

TickTok wrote:
abcdef wrote:

No, the best way is.... during the competition.... u can only pick say Chelsea once.... u might get through the first 3 weeks picking Chelsea Man Utd n Liverpool......but then u r left with Arsenal the draw kings and the rest of the clubs.

This is not as easy as it seems, Tick is right when you can only pick each club once and you use them up than it gets tough.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:18 pm

So far the following people have entered the Last Man Standing

I like Chocolate Middlesbrough
Huzup Middlesbrough
ABCDEF Aston Villa
Redcanuck Aston Villa
Dicanio Blackburn
Ticktok Chelsea

Last edited by Redcanuck on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 5:38 pm

So is there anyone else in this competition?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Hahaha.... look at you Man Utd fans..... Where is your confidence in your own club lol!

Might be a big game .... but come on!!!!!!

Chelsea for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:39 pm

It;s not lack of confidence, I am just saving United for a pick later on, until there is only me a one other standing or maybe I will pick them when they go to the Bridge?
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Dont look so far ahead red Razz
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 pm

STILL STANDING
I like Chocolate Middlesbrough
Huzup Middlesbrough
Dicanio Blackburn
Ticktok Chelsea

FALLEN
ABCDEF Aston Villa
Redcanuck Aston Villa
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Ill take Portsmouth for the next round
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Then Aston Villa

Then Chelsea
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:22 pm

There is a method to my madness...... Man Utd..... even thou I have them down to draw in the other competition lol
Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Tottenham for me, (more misery for Kev).
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 5:30 pm

hmm..left it late here so picking one from Sundays games if thats ok.
I'l go for spurs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Man Standing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Man Standing   Last Man Standing Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Man Standing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next