Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Olympic Football

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Olympic Football Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Olympic Football Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Not been able to get much coverage over here. The American networks don't seem to be showing the football since they only show the events where the US athletes are expected to win medals and the Canadian networks aren't much better.

I understand that Brazil have been the team to beat and play some pretty good football. Great Britain seemed to just do enough to advance to the medal rounds, but maybe they are getting better each time out.

Do GB have a legitimate chance at a medal? I think they are on route to play Brazil in the semi if both get through the quarters.

Did Senegal throw their games against UAE, realizing that finishing second they would avoid Brazil til the final? Seems kinda of like what those badminton athletes did.
Back to top Go down
chelseaforthedrop

chelseaforthedrop

Number of posts : 269
Olympic Football Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Olympic Football Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I didn't see Senegal v Uae but I did go up to wembley to see GB v UAE and Uruuay v Senegal. I have to say on that occassion I thought we showed a touch of class. Cleverly was on top form, which as a United fan is exciting to see, he was everywhere, wanted the ball and hardly put a foot wrong. Ramsey however I thought on that occassion was a letdown and Sordell is next to useless.....Sturridge still a little greedy on the ball but took his goal very well. The defence looked relatively ok but the standout performer was Butland in goal. He is looking like a very good player. Medal chance? Yes. Gold? I can definately see that going to Brazil.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Olympic Football Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Olympic Football Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 am

What surprised me the most about this tournament was how poor Cavani was. I was excited to see him play when we went up to Wembley to watch the pair of games that chelseaforthedrop stated, but he was awful that day. I then watched Uruguay play GB on the telly and he was equally awful.

Surprised your coverage in the US is so bad. Over here, every session of every event has been televised on 24 different BBC channels!!! They certainly have gone to town on it. So whatever you want to watch, no matter how obscure, you can. Which is as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Olympic Football Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Olympic Football Right_bar_bleue

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:20 pm

We live right on the US border so we get as much American channels as Canadian. The US networks only show American athletes, their Olympic coverage is very Jingoistic, the Women's football is being shown but they don't cover the mens. The Canadian networks has shown the Canadian women's football but the men's coverage has been spotty and hours after the game has been played.

Looks like it is changing now they have reached the medal rounds all the quarter finals both Women's and Men's are being shown the next two days. So I should get to see a couple of games.

Great Britain Canada is on in a couple of hours

I get all the pre season games involving the Premier teams, Chelsea Brighton is on tomorrow and Valerenga v Manchester United on Sunday so there's lots of football, but I guess they don't rate Olympic football much.

Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

The Canada USA Women's semi final was a hell of game. Shame the talk is about the indirect free kick on the Canadian keeper for time wasting.

Just curious if any one has ever seen a ref call an indirect free kick on a goalkeeper for taking too much time in getting rid of the ball?

We all know the rule is there and all keepers late in the game and a goal up waste time but it's never called.
Back to top Go down
chelseaforthedrop

chelseaforthedrop

Number of posts : 269
Olympic Football Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Olympic Football Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

I didn't see the women's game to be honest but from the other ones I have seen the quality of football is truly fantastic, and I will be more than happy to watch more in future!

ABCDEF and I are going up to see Brazil v Mexico final so I think we are gonna have to provide a professional scouting report on this 19 year old £30 million Moura! I have heard a lot.

I saw Mexico Senegal at Wembley and thought Dos Santos looked incredible. I still think Tottenham have missed a trick there by sending him away and not giving him games......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Olympic Football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Football   Olympic Football Empty

Back to top Go down

Olympic Football
Page 1 of 1