Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

World Cup 2014

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chelseaforthedrop

chelseaforthedrop

Number of posts : 269
World Cup 2014 Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999World Cup 2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-28

World Cup 2014 Empty
PostSubject: World Cup 2014   World Cup 2014 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 pm

So finally had a thoroughly enjoyable game with England playing some exciting attacking football. A long time in the coming but one can only hope a trend that will continue. It's about time Rooney started delivering his league performances on the international stage and long may it continue. At least he can start this world cup!!!

Townsend, one hit wonder or the real deal? I will be watching his progress with a lot of interest!

Hope we can put in a decent shift in Brazil, not expecting to win it but hopefully we can do ourselves proud eh?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
World Cup 2014 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999World Cup 2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

World Cup 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014   World Cup 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:33 am

The draw is going to be the thing.  Supposedly it will be based on the October rankings.  Not sure if that was where England was ranked 17 or with a slight improvement based on the last two wins.  I have to think England will be given a tough draw and will struggle to get out of the group.

They looked good against Montenegro and Poland but neither are anywhere as good as the teams they will play in Brazil.  I hope the British press doesn't start to claim that they can win the World Cup.

The last two games England has played up tempo with Baines and Walker bombing forward and going with Townsend instead of Milner.  Townsend has had a good month of so with Spurs and England but he never really impress on many of his various loans.  Will be interesting to see if England continue to play an up tempo game in the heat of Brazil.

Congratulations to all the England team for qualifying and I do hope they do us proud in Brazil, I am just not putting any money on it.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
World Cup 2014 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999World Cup 2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

World Cup 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014   World Cup 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:50 pm

This country is a absolute joke when it comes to our national team. Would you believe one newspaper headline reporting on last nights game reads .....

"Like Watching Brazil Playing"

What the F*** game were they watching???

This is a team, lucky enough to get the 2nd weakest group of Nine, who took till the last 2 games to actually beat the two so called better sides in the group, neither of which are rated top 18 of Europe, one of which turn up at Wembley without 6 of their first choice players including both centre halfs & their best player, and just qualify by the one point.

We have two truly top notch players (One didnt play last night), 2 former World Class players who are both slow n having to play deeper n deeper, our best centre half wont play for us anymore cause of the lies told to him by the former FA Chairman, and a bunch of others who are ALL below average internationals.

Yet this morning, we are being told we have a great mix of seasoned players with lots of young players coming through.

Just 2 weeks ago, we were told by the new FA Chairman, we need to scrounge players from all corners of the earth to even contemplate having a future in World Cup's.

Good we are going to Brazil? For who? Maybe those pen pushers at the FA who get weeks at a hotel on Copacabana beach, living it up on our football money.

We are a laughing stock & will be wanted by every top seed and third n forth seed going to Brazil.

By the way, I must say, the first goal was a wonderful team goal, of which is extremely rare for the English national team. I'll give them that Smile 
Back to top Go down
zingobingo1

zingobingo1

Number of posts : 139
World Cup 2014 Left_bar_bleue116 / 999116 / 999World Cup 2014 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-18

World Cup 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014   World Cup 2014 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:36 pm

At least we attacked.

Granted the opposition were both below average which helped alot, but we cant argue with 2 wins.

Happy for the manager picking Townsend, although I dont think he is all that.

Cahill isnt so safe without John talking with him & Jagelka isnt international class. We have problems at the back.

Still at least we have an interest next summer & I can badger the ol man to watch us loose lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Cup 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014   World Cup 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2014
Page 1 of 1