Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Schumacher

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gooner

Gooner

Number of posts : 832
Michael Schumacher Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Michael Schumacher Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-14

Michael Schumacher Empty
PostSubject: Michael Schumacher   Michael Schumacher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 1:20 am

It does sound as if Michael's days are drawing to a close.  I've been wary of how it will all turn out by hearing how Jean Todt has been speaking of Michael over the past months.  Luca de Montezemolo has come out today and suggested Michael's current health is not good.  Since I do not listen to anyone but Sabine Kehm when it comes to these announcements, she has not come forward to address Luca's claims.  She was forced to speak out in January, amidst media reports that Michael was walking with an aide and able to speak some words, citing false hopes.  

I started watching football because of Michael's love of FC Koln.  I attended my first match in Cologne in 2000 to watch them when I made a pilgrimage to Germany.  I visited his home town - ate, drank, slept there, raced on his Kart track in Kerpen- Sindorf, watched him race in Spa - and was able to get behind the scenes to watch Ferrari pack up after the event was over.  I even have a picture of me on the podium doing the Schumacher jump  Smile

He was my hero.  I watched his very first race in Spa in 1991, and immediately was drawn to him because of his ruthless style, and that we were of the same age and attitude.  I was cutting my teeth racing open wheel with F1200, and wanted to be just like Schumacher. I have every race of his time in F1 recorded on VHS, and a collection of merchandise that ALWAYS creates discussion when new people come in to our home.  There is a lot.  I'll sheepishly admit that I even have a Michael Schumacher tattoo on my bicep.  I had huge arms and an equal sized chip on my shoulder before this truck accident of mine, so, no one wanted to mock me for it, heh.  

Anyways, am saddened to hear this latest.  I have a feeling I will be updating this post sooner than later with grim news.  

Pretty dopey and emotional from the meds - so apologies for the inane ramblings, my friends.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Michael Schumacher Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Michael Schumacher Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Michael Schumacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Schumacher   Michael Schumacher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 9:07 am

Yes, I also took note of the words Luca de Montezemolo spoke yesterday about Michael. It wasnt good reading and your point that Michael's family spokeperson Sabine Kehm has not moved to squash his words does paint a picture of things taking a downward turn for Michael.

While I cant speak in glowing terms for Schumacher, he burnt his good will from English people after his driving into Damon Hill, I do admire his talent for driving F1 cars.

I wish him well n hope for better news in the very near future.
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626
Michael Schumacher Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Michael Schumacher Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-21

Michael Schumacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Schumacher   Michael Schumacher EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 4:06 am

Big fan of Schumacher. I saw him at Imola in 2001.
I totally respected his racing style and had no problem with his win at all costs approach.
Couldn't give two fucks if he ran Damon Hill of the road, its a competition not a tea party!

The way his life is ending is in stark contrast to how he lived it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michael Schumacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Schumacher   Michael Schumacher Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher
Page 1 of 1