Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luton 30 points down

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Luton 30 points down Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Luton 30 points down Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Luton 30 points down Empty
PostSubject: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 2:11 am

I can see the point of being docked 20 points by the Football League for failing to comply with its insolvency policy, because clubs shouldn't be able to walk away from their debts and leave local businesses holding the bag. But League Two with Bournemouth and Rotherham being docked at least 15 points for the same offence is becoming a joke.

How many more of clubs in League Two are in similar financial shape? Pretty soon you could have half the teams being deducted points, you would need a calculator to figure out who is leading the league.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Luton 30 points down Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Luton 30 points down Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Its a disgrace

The football League wouldnt have even known about the problems at the club had Luton not told them.

Is this what they set out to do with these rules.... to kill off one of their own?

I have a friend who is mad keen on the Hatters so I gave him a call last night.

I known this guy for 20 years.... hard as nails and he was almost in tears as he rattled off all the different things the previous owners had done and how they will get off scot free (well banned from football) and the new owners who are out to rescue the club get hit with all these deductions.

As he said, its not longer a question of money at the club, the points deduction could quiet possibly put them out of the football league, resulting in the club folding.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Luton 30 points down Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Luton 30 points down Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:07 pm

I think the Football league when dealing with clubs that fail to comply with its insolvency policy, rather than having a set policy there should be more flexibility in looking at the circumstances in each case. The company who were responsible for incurring the penalties no longer exist, a new company LTFC2020 fronted Nick Ross is now in charge. It seem very harsh to punish the present owners for sins committed by previous owners.

The 20pt deduction is a Football League penalty due to Luton's inability to agree a Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) to exit administration. The problem is that Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will not agree to waive debts from any club that owes them money, so it is impossible to get a CVA. So any club that goes into administration and owes the government which they all will is doomed to a 15 or 20 pt deduction, depending on the severity of the case. This being the third times in ten years that Luton has gone into administration they are punished heavily.

League Two with Bournemouth and Rotherham being docked at least 15 points for the same offence really isn't going to have much of a relegation battle, which in some cases is as interesting as the race at the top.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Luton 30 points down Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Luton 30 points down Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 pm

I have to agree with you Red on all points.

I fully understand something had to be down about clubs that ran up huge debts only to go bust and start over the next season like Leicester city did.

This Luton thing tastes all bad
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 pm

Bournemouth and Rotherham have now been docked 17 points apiece. While it will make for a great relegation battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton 30 points down   Luton 30 points down Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton 30 points down
Page 1 of 1