Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:24 pm

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report League10

Week two of the season is over and Red still leads the way with 123 points, Injuryfreeseason and ZingoBingo traded positions in the table, but there is very little between them.

The big point scorers this week were Simpleman and Conservatives.

Simplemens captain Steven Gerrard brought his team 14 big points to set the team up for a 50+ points week. Two key defenders Lescott and Laursen brought in 8 n 7 points respectively, but it was the inclusion of Steven Ireland from the start by Mark Hughes that enabled him to make two assists and bring another 12 points to Simplemans total. Ireland was a brave pick to include in his team by Simpleman as he never started last week.

Conservatives had Deco as his captain and again the little midfield maestro returned a wonderful points total of 22. When you have that as your start and your defence\keeper all make extra points, you have a team that is solid and consistent. The Conservatives back 5 brought in 32 points without a goal scored between them. If they can sort out a front line that chips in with a few goals, the Conservatives could be a huge point making machine.

Well done to both managers!

K-Class had another consistent week and it shouldn’t be long before it hits the big time with weekly scores in the 70-80 point mark. K-Class have a very talented and young midfield that on its day could bring them many riches. It must be said thier 3 main defenders all scored well this week too.

Meanwhile down the bottom and looking to be champions of the wooden spoon North West are SpiderPig and ABCDE FC.

Now we all know these two managers have a good wealth of football knowledge as they are well known for chipping in with their thoughts on most subjects, but I for one find it suprizing they have fallen behind.

Come on Guys!!!.... You can do better!

Spotlight falls on Simplemen.

When you first take a look at the simplemen the thing that first takes your notice is the two best Liverpool players sticking out like soar thumbs. Gerrard and Torres, thou expensive will both be point grabbers all season.

Because of their cost its probably one of the reasons why there is a lack of Chelsea n United players (That and Simpleman being a Pool supporter lol) so the rest of the squad is made up of what would be called 2nd tier players.

Going for James in goal falls in with James being the top keeper last season... this was only because Cech was injured for 12 games and the United keeper was rested in a few of the non event games during the season. With that in Mind and James costing the same as Cech for instance is does make you wonder if James will be as good a point grabber as last season. Now Barry looks to be staying at Villa…. A move for Reina might be on the cards?

The defence is solid Gallas Lescott and Laursen are all 6m+ defenders who all have a nack of scoring a goal from time to time. Distin will score with James whenever Pompey get around to keeping clean sheets again. Barnett is the cheap defender that makes up the 5.

I like the midfielders at Simplemen's. Barry is a penalty taker and looks like to be staying at Villa. Gerrard is top class and Garcia is looking to be a steal from Hull city. Steven Ireland is an excellent sleeper found by Simpleman and could be a major player for them if he gets enough airtime at City. Davies of Fulham makes up the midfield.

Up front we have Torres and Agbonlahor. The latter has already scored a hat-trick bringing a wonderful return for the 8m spent on him. There is no doubt that it would be very interesting to see these two players play with each other in the flesh.... you reading this Rafa?

Miller of West Brom makes up the squad for the Simplemen.

A good squad of players who on their day could be a handful for anyone in this league of ours.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:15 pm

As I've always maintained on this game, after the first week I lose interest because of my crap start...it will continues this season too
(saying that, I've changed keepers, and am looking to change Agger too)
Give it 2 more weeks and I'll make 11 changes, use my wild card, and then never look at it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:02 pm

I lost 16 points with transfers

Otherwise id be sitting in 3rd
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

i like chocolate wrote:

I noticed that Choc, but when I tried to look up the moves u made in the transfer market it does not show who for who..... are you sure u made them for week 2? It says u changed Defoe for Agbonlahor in week two only?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:17 pm

huzup wrote:
As I've always maintained on this game, after the first week I lose interest because of my crap start...it will continues this season too
(saying that, I've changed keepers, and am looking to change Agger too)
Give it 2 more weeks and I'll make 11 changes, use my wild card, and then never look at it again.

Well thats a defeatest attitude my friend.... we will encourge you to stick at it.... You and ABCDEF will have your own United\Pool fight all season (unless you make a run at the top which can still happen!!!)..... you gonna let him be above u? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Well it seems between us, we pay the least attention to the game, so it will be as fair a fight at the bottom as it is for the research fanatics at the top.
I will try hard enough to not be bottom. Pride will see to that.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:59 pm

TickTok wrote:
i like chocolate wrote:

I noticed that Choc, but when I tried to look up the moves u made in the transfer market it does not show who for who..... are you sure u made them for week 2? It says u changed Defoe for Agbonlahor in week two only?

The game only shows the last week's transfers of your opponents, but Chocolate's record does say Transfers (Gameweek / Overall): 4 / 5 meaning that he made 4 transfers this week and 5 over all. I not sure if they have taken the points off him yet, they may not kick in till this Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 6:02 pm

TickTok wrote:

Spotlight falls on Simplemen.

When you first take a look at the simplemen the thing that first takes your notice is the two best Liverpool players sticking out like soar thumbs. Gerrard and Torres, thou expensive will both be point grabbers all season.

Because of their cost its probably one of the reasons why there is a lack of Chelsea n United players (That and Simpleman being a Pool supporter lol) so the rest of the squad is made up of what would be called 2nd tier players.

Going for James in goal falls in with James being the top keeper last season... this was only because Cech was injured for 12 games and the United keeper was rested in a few of the non event games during the season. With that in Mind and James costing the same as Cech for instance is does make you wonder if James will be as good a point grabber as last season. Now Barry looks to be staying at Villa…. A move for Reina might be on the cards?

The defence is solid Gallas Lescott and Laursen are all 6m+ defenders who all have a nack of scoring a goal from time to time. Distin will score with James whenever Pompey get around to keeping clean sheets again. Barnett is the cheap defender that makes up the 5.

I like the midfielders at Simplemen's. Barry is a penalty taker and looks like to be staying at Villa. Gerrard is top class and Garcia is looking to be a steal from Hull city. Steven Ireland is an excellent sleeper found by Simpleman and could be a major player for them if he gets enough airtime at City. Davies of Fulham makes up the midfield.

Up front we have Torres and Agbonlahor. The latter has already scored a hat-trick bringing a wonderful return for the 8m spent on him. There is no doubt that it would be very interesting to see these two players play with each other in the flesh.... you reading this Rafa?

Miller of West Brom makes up the squad for the Simplemen.

A good squad of players who on their day could be a handful for anyone in this league of ours.
I must confess that the reason Ireland was in the team was that I forgot to update the team before the weekend.
Last year my midfield consisted of the golden three Gerrard, Lampard and Ronaldo. I didn't bother with Lampard because I didn't know if he was going to be at Chelsea, as I picked the team pretty early in summer, and didn't pick Ronaldo because he was injured. Ronaldo is the only Man U player I pick, and that pains me!!!. As for Chelsea I had Terry and Carvalho on and off last year.
There was little skill in picking this team, unfortunately, as I just looked at last years points tally when selecting a team, and try to pick up a new boy or two who would be cheap. However I do like your spin on it, as it looks like I know something about something lol!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 am

ABCDE FC
Fabregas should be back from injury next weekend so the overall strength of the team should improve. Don't forget that United don't play next weekend so you will have to move Evra and Vander Sar to your bench. I know you don't care about the statistical information, but Johnson of Portsmouth price is expected to drop a point either tonight or tomorrow night.

SpiderPig XI

Ferdinand is not playing next week and needs to be moved to your bench. Kranjcar is injured and not expected to play next week and there are also rumours he will be sold to some club in Europe in an attempt to balance Portsmouth's books. You probably know better than I about why Agger is not playing at Liverpool but if he is not playing next game it may make sense to move him. Wheater at Middlesbrough whose next game is at home to Stoke maybe an option.

ps. They are now saying that Kranjcar is out for three months after ankle surgery.

K-Class

The team looks pretty solid, but like Tick says we can't see the 3 or 4 transfers you have made. Evra who isn't playing will have to be moved to you bench for either McCann or Meite. Since Bolton plays at home to West Brom, McCann maybe the better option, but Meite will play the full 90. Also why don't you have Schwarzer as your back up keeper, he plays regular your back up doesn't?

Conservatives

With Schwarzer, Ferdinand and Vidic not playing and Kranjcar injured and not expected to play next week, ypou are going to have to make a transfer to be able to field 11 players.

_ Simpleman

Things look pretty good to me, nothing I could add.

ZingoBingo

You have Pantsil of Fulham on your bench which is where he should stay for next week since Fulahm don't play. Keep an eye on what the FA do about Pantsil’s tackle on Eboue which went unpunished against Arsenal. There is talk that the FA will consult video evidence of the “tackle” and go back to referee Atkinson for a post match verdict on the challenge. That could lead to a three match ban for violent conduct. The Berbatov situation will finally end this week, if he goes to United I would probably keep him, if he says I would think about transferring him for Santa Cruz or maybe Keane.

InjuryFreeSeason

What I said above about Pantsil is all I can offer here.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Gerrard will miss this weekends game at Villa due to a groin operation so those who have him in your squad should move him to your bench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report   Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Game Week 2 Report
Page 1 of 1