Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

World Club Cup--Whats the point?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
World Club Cup--Whats the point? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999World Club Cup--Whats the point? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

World Club Cup--Whats the point? Empty
PostSubject: World Club Cup--Whats the point?   World Club Cup--Whats the point? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:24 pm

Didn't know where to post this so I just thought I'd stick it in here!!!

Utd play in the World Club Cup semi finals tomorrow morning and it has led me to question again, just like the first time we were in it, what is the point. We have already played one glorified friendly this season as a result of our European Cup triumph, which we lost without so much as even trying. The only example in that game of us actually looking like we didnt want to lose was when Scholes handballed one in.

I dont know what the prize money for this tournament is, but if its practically nothing then I see no gain. There is certainly no prestige to be had for to European sides competing. The no hoper sides have the chance of beating European giants, so there is plenty in it for them, but for Utd? Nothing.

Scholes himself has said that Utd should be in England concentrating on domestic issues during this crucial time for the season. We shouldnt be swanning around in Japan, moving a further game behind our rivals and piling up the fixtures which will no doubt have to be made up during the busy January/February time. By the time the CL starts up again in March, the fixtures come thick and fast until the season end. The time zone changes are a potential difficulty as well, with players having to adjust and then readjust in time for the boxing day fixtures.
We arent exactly performing well in the league and this comes at a bad time and is nothing more than a holiday.

This tournament is simply 2 pointless fixtures, for a pointless trophy at a terrible time. Berbatov has already been struck down with some exotic virus and if other players get injured in games they will not be 100% committed to it will be a nightmare. The threat is added that all other sides will be out there to beat us especially.

Some of the teams in the competition are only part timers, though they are out already before we even arrived. No prestige and no point. What a waste of time and effort.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
World Club Cup--Whats the point? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999World Club Cup--Whats the point? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: World Club Cup--Whats the point?   World Club Cup--Whats the point? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 4:35 pm

I culdn't agree more. It makes no sense to me. I would have left a number of the first string players at home.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
World Club Cup--Whats the point? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999World Club Cup--Whats the point? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: World Club Cup--Whats the point?   World Club Cup--Whats the point? EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
I culdn't agree more. It makes no sense to me. I would have left a number of the first string players at home.
I'd have left the entire first choice 11 at home. If Park, O'Shit and the rest of the Sunday Squad players cant beat a bunch of amateurs then that further fuels my claim that they dont deserve to wear the shirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Club Cup--Whats the point?   World Club Cup--Whats the point? Empty

Back to top Go down

World Club Cup--Whats the point?
Page 1 of 1