Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheffield Derby

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Sheffield Derby Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Sheffield Derby Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Sheffield Derby Empty
PostSubject: Sheffield Derby   Sheffield Derby EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Got up this morning 7:45 am kickoff to watch Wednesday beat United. Brought back a few members, had a few relatives in the crowd there today. Was a good game for a non premier match, lots of chances pretty wide open and if not for a couple of good saves there would have been two or three more goals. Great to see 30,000 + at Hillsborough again, Wednesday certainly need a good run of results and some decent crowds to get them back up where they belong.

Crowd was really into the game, but you expect that at a derby, but there seemed a lot more noise than at some of the Premier games I have seen lately.
Back to top Go down

Sheffield Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Derby   Sheffield Derby EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Ha Ha, full house, boggy pitch, choice tackles, 2 good goals, yep a good 'ol fashioned derby, and the owls won! Blades derserve to be premiership team?...Don't think so (I'm not bitter!!).
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Sheffield Derby Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Sheffield Derby Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Sheffield Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Derby   Sheffield Derby EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 9:21 pm

I had heard that the Wednesday fans were going to give the United fans a bit of stick over the Tevez issue. Wearing Argentinean shirts with Tevez on the back, singing we're only blowing bubbles and there was talk of renting a bubble machine, but I never noticed that at the game today.
Back to top Go down

Sheffield Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Derby   Sheffield Derby EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Well apparently "bubbles" was sung on a couple of occasions and there were indeed several fans wearing Argentina shirts although whether they had "Tevez" on the back I'm not sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sheffield Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Derby   Sheffield Derby Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Derby
Page 1 of 1