Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Murali spins into record books (again)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Murali spins into record books (again) Empty
PostSubject: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Muttiah Muralitharan has equalled the all time ODI wicket taking record set by Wasim Akram. The dismissal of Yuvraj Singh brought his wicket tally to 502 wickets at ODI level.
Murali is already the all time leading Test Wicket taker, and is one wicket away from being he all time leading ODI wicket taker.
A magnificent achievement - but is he the greatest ever bowler? Doubt very few would argue that would they.
Not sure how many would class him as one of the true greats of the game either to be honest.
Still - a great feat from an extraordinary bowler - that cant be argued.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 pm

I think David Lloyd summed him up a treat. - Enough Said.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 am

It is a magnificent record, there is no doubt about that and no doubt that he deserves it amid all the controversy surrounding his action over the years. He has taken that in his stride.

I would still say, despite taking fewer wickets that I would rate Warne above him. Murali has something freakish about his action that allows him to bowl the way he does, still within the law of course as proven, but...

Warne is an orthodox leg spinner, with nothing special about him apart from the fact he is insanely good at orthodox leg spin bowling. There is something about the way he is turned to in a crisis and the way he delivered (like Freddie for England) that makes him stand out as the best in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:36 am

abcdef wrote:
It is a magnificent record, there is no doubt about that and no doubt that he deserves it amid all the controversy surrounding his action over the years. He has taken that in his stride.

I would still say, despite taking fewer wickets that I would rate Warne above him. Murali has something freakish about his action that allows him to bowl the way he does, still within the law of course as proven, but...

Warne is an orthodox leg spinner, with nothing special about him apart from the fact he is insanely good at orthodox leg spin bowling. There is something about the way he is turned to in a crisis and the way he delivered (like Freddie for England) that makes him stand out as the best in my eyes.

I was just about to post a very similar post to what you have done hee after reading the 1st post lol..

I do rate Warne above him.. always have.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:52 am

And he can bat as well!!! The most runs of any batsman never to get a 100? I think I remember a 90something against England...
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Murali spins into record books (again) Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Murali spins into record books (again) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Yeah, he was a genius.. simple as.. not that Murali aint..but having watched international cricket a lot.. Warne had always wowed me more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murali spins into record books (again)   Murali spins into record books (again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Murali spins into record books (again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports :: Cricket-
Jump to: