Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Defeat to the Windies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Defeat to the Windies Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Defeat to the Windies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Defeat to the Windies Empty
PostSubject: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:36 am

Shocking.. absolutely shocking! Sad
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Defeat to the Windies Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Defeat to the Windies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:50 am

Disgusted. I was lying in bed (chlling Razz) listening on the radio to Liverpool Pompey and i spiralled into despair as each wicket was announced. There are some serious questions to be answered and batsmen should be losing their places just like the bowlers do.

Shah and Key have very valid claims to be included into this batting line up and they must be thinking what else they need to do, especially in Keys case for one day cricket. Why he isnt opening the batting in ODIs is beyond me. He could even captain the side.
Shah is the case for test cricket. Got to be worth a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm afraid its a common failing of english teams in a lot of sports in my opinion, we're not mentally tough enough or focused on the job in hand, and have a mistaken belief that cos we're England we're a better team and/or better individuals than in actuall fact we are, which leads to complacentcy.

With the cricket, how many failures does Bell have to give before he's dropped and the same with Collingwood? There seems to be too much of the "old boy" network going on, instead of concentrating on who and what it takes to win (or more importently compete strongly in) a match.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Defeat to the Windies Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Defeat to the Windies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 pm

I was thinking the same, i do rate Bell.. i always have. but lately he keeps proving me wrong and just aint putting the performancesdin that i know he can do.

I f the players were scared of being dropped oin bad performances, then maybe they woulkd play better.. you know.. a but more healthy competition.. but these lads just keep strolling back into the team on bad performances.. its not on.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Defeat to the Windies Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Defeat to the Windies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:36 pm

ssshh - just pretend it didnt happen.
Whats the weather like?
I'd rather lose to Australia 5-0.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
Defeat to the Windies Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Defeat to the Windies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:39 pm

it was rather shocking :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defeat to the Windies   Defeat to the Windies Empty

Back to top Go down

Defeat to the Windies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports :: Cricket-
Jump to: