Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Skipper - same poor decisions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
New Skipper - same poor decisions Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999New Skipper - same poor decisions Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

New Skipper - same poor decisions Empty
PostSubject: New Skipper - same poor decisions   New Skipper - same poor decisions EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:38 am

So England declared 70 runs too early and put in a nightwatchman when they were (effectively) 300-1.

I have been saying this for 5 years now - we need a change in mentality and approach to the game, even as much as I am happy with Strauss' appointment there's no visible change to the way we set out to play games.

They cant make a plan for bowling out batsmen 10/11 in 10 overs on a final day pitch? This West Indies has three noticeable players, they are all batsmen - we showed that in the first innings, the rest of the team would fail to make the team of any of the top 4 possibly 5 international teams in Cricket.

Flintoff injured but we still bowl him - ye, lets just ruin him before we get to the ashes, because thats exactly what we need - Anderson shows he is average again, Harmison showed he is useless again with only Broad showing signs of hope. Swann has laid down the gauntlet for Monty, and Adil Rashid is there if those two cant stand up - but this was poor again.

I'm tired of this crap, it just shows how much of a one off fluke the 05 Ashes were - even then that was down to fortune. KP could have a hand injury, Freddy could be out of the series - and this is our perfect warm to the ashes - which according to Beefy - we're going to cruise - I'd love to have asked him that again in his Sky Sports report.
CryBaby CryBaby CryBaby
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
New Skipper - same poor decisions Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999New Skipper - same poor decisions Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New Skipper - same poor decisions   New Skipper - same poor decisions EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 am

huzup wrote:
So England declared 70 runs too early and put in a nightwatchman when they were (effectively) 300-1.

I have been saying this for 5 years now - we need a change in mentality and approach to the game, even as much as I am happy with Strauss' appointment there's no visible change to the way we set out to play games.

They cant make a plan for bowling out batsmen 10/11 in 10 overs on a final day pitch? This West Indies has three noticeable players, they are all batsmen - we showed that in the first innings, the rest of the team would fail to make the team of any of the top 4 possibly 5 international teams in Cricket.

Flintoff injured but we still bowl him - ye, lets just ruin him before we get to the ashes, because thats exactly what we need - Anderson shows he is average again, Harmison showed he is useless again with only Broad showing signs of hope. Swann has laid down the gauntlet for Monty, and Adil Rashid is there if those two cant stand up - but this was poor again.

I'm tired of this crap, it just shows how much of a one off fluke the 05 Ashes were - even then that was down to fortune. KP could have a hand injury, Freddy could be out of the series - and this is our perfect warm to the ashes - which according to Beefy - we're going to cruise - I'd love to have asked him that again in his Sky Sports report.
CryBaby CryBaby CryBaby

If he was that important to the Ashes - wouldnt they stop him from playing in the IPL?

I happen to think he showed he has alot about him as a person - He could have taken himself out of his big payday.

That is if there is something wrong with him Neutral
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
New Skipper - same poor decisions Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999New Skipper - same poor decisions Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New Skipper - same poor decisions   New Skipper - same poor decisions EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 am

We should have enforced the follow on when the option was there, to make sure we had maximum time to bowl them out. But then, had we won the game, just taking that last wicket we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Windies batted just good enough to see out what was a very tense last hour, a great advert for test cricket after the farce days before this test began.

You are right though, the mentality is lost with England and we gave up the edge and the momentum we had when we decided to bat again for the second time. It was a poor decision, based on the fitness of players (I'm sure) that were barely better a day later.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
New Skipper - same poor decisions Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999New Skipper - same poor decisions Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: New Skipper - same poor decisions   New Skipper - same poor decisions EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 pm

TickTok wrote:

That is if there is something wrong with him Neutral

Your not the first person to suggest that.
hmm
I think if there is any doubts over his fitness in a months time he will be discouraged from going to the IPL, but his MRI scan will reveal all today hopefully.

abcdef: you are right on that it was a good advert for test cricket - especially after the beach ground
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skipper - same poor decisions   New Skipper - same poor decisions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skipper - same poor decisions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports :: Cricket-
Jump to: