Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!

Go down 
3 posters

Whats harder to win?
World Cup
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Vote_lcap100%Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Euros?
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Vote_lcap0%Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Empty
PostSubject: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Thought this was the best place to put this...

What is harder, discuss...

For me i think the World Cup is.. i will explain more in depth when i have seen others opinions. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:11 pm

For me World Cup because not only do you have the best team who appear in the Euros but you have the best teams from around the World. The obvious being Brazil and Argentina. There are also a lot of football developing countries that can cause shock results ie African countries such as Cameroon in days gone by. The world up in Asia had teams from that part of the world being pretty successful. Plus World Cups can be placed anywhere and it normally favours teams used to playing in that climate. Europe's pretty much the same most areas and there doesn't seem to be that many surprises, apart from Greece a few years back.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes i agree, me and some other guy on another forum got into a huge debate about this. He thinks the Euros are harder to win, people say its harder because the gap in quality of teams is smaller. But they seem to miss basic points out. Could a team such as Greece(who had odds between 85-1 and 150-1 before the won the Euros in 2004) win the World Cup. I highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:59 pm

I think the climate is probably the most important thing that dictates who gets to win the world cup.

I think Brazil have only won it in Europe once and no Euro team has won it on a different continant.

The up n coming world cup is the first that will be played outside of Europe AND the climate is much the same as here.

I think a Europe team will win in South Africa.

So with all that said - I would agree with you guys - world cup is the harder of the two to win.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I have to go along with the crowd here and say it is the World Cup. The argument that the gap in talent is not as great in the Euro's as the World Cup is not as valid as it once was. Four or five World Cups ago some of the teams in it were very poor, I remember Canada not scoring a goal, nor coming close to scoring and El Salvador I believe getting beat 10-1. That doesn't happen any more. The teams coming out of Africa, Asia and North and Central America will be capable upsetting a number of the teams at the World Cup next year.

I also feel that climate is the key , this World Cup the climate will be favourable to England for the first time since 1966. This should be England best chance until the World Cup is held in England again, if it every is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!   Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats harder to win.. The World Cup or Euros?!
Page 1 of 1