Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barry out for a month

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Barry out for a month Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Barry out for a month Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Barry out for a month Empty
PostSubject: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:14 pm

I think this is a blessing in disguise, never was a Barry fan.

But does Capello pick him anyway and if not who does he pick?

I would suggest playing Milner along with Lampard in the middle and move Gerard up just behind Rooney. If you have to add another midfield to replace Barry, perhaps Parker at West Ham has had the best season.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Barry out for a month Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Barry out for a month Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:02 pm

I would say - With Barry carrying a injury - and being a fav of the manager - its more unlikely now that King of Spurs will go.

Taking two players with injuries is a no no - I think the manager would favour Barry over King.

As far as the midfield goes - Frank should be in his best position n the rest of them can fit into other slots where needed - I am not a fan of Barry, and I believe Milners success this season in the centre of the park is more down too teams not used to seeing him there - He will be snuffed out next season as most of his goals are out of the box efforts - he will be closed down rapidly.

If we are talking England - I think there are many players who dont deserve\out of form, who have huge question marks over them.

Baring in mind Ferdinand has only started 12 or so premier games, is he the same injury risk as King?

Gerrard has been below average all season - does he deserve a starting spot? I believe in the run up to the world cup - dont start him - might be the kick up the pants he needs.

Lots of questions to be answered - at least the lose of Barry isnt a bad one.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Barry out for a month Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Barry out for a month Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Like you say a lot of questions. Hear talk of Carragher making a comeback and Hargreaves based on 20 seconds of action being picked.

I don't see the Ferdinand and King situations as similar. King is permanently crooked and with his knees can't be relied on to play that many games in a short period of time. Take him by all means but he will have to be used sparingly. Rio I think or at least I hope, has just had a bad run of injuries this season. Supposedly he is fine now and with another month before the World Cup, he should be well rested and good to go.

Gerrard is an odd situation, he's been coasting all season and seems to think he can turn it on when it's needed at the World Cup. Perhaps he is right, giving the chance of wining something he might revert to being interested in playing again. Starting him on the bench in the couple of warm ups England have before the World Cup maybe a "kick in the ass" for him, but I think Capello has to get the line up he wants to start against the USA playing the way he wants them to.

Will be interesting to see the 30 players Capello call up, on Tuesday I believe.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Barry out for a month Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Barry out for a month Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I would like to see Scot Parker given the nod over Barry if the latter isnt proved 100% come the finals.

Very suprized about Jamie - wasnt so long ago I heard him on the radio defending himself after one of the anal talking Talk Sport presenters called him a bottler for retiring from International football.

In my opinion, I think these names that are being banded about shows that outside of maybe 8 players, we have a very weak underbelly in our choice of players.

I hope u r right about Rio. John needs pace next to him and whoever plays right side of the central defence will have to have the pace to make up for the twat at right back.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm

TickTok wrote:

In my opinion, I think these names that are being banded about shows that outside of maybe 8 players, we have a very weak underbelly in our choice of players.

I hope u r right about Rio. John needs pace next to him and whoever plays right side of the central defence will have to have the pace to make up for the twat at right back.

No doubt outside the first eleven and a few others that make up a decent bench and possible start in case of injuries, there is not a lot of talent available to Capello. As for Rio it's as much hope as belief.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry out for a month   Barry out for a month Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry out for a month
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: