Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

which 7 don't make the cut?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

which 7 don't make the cut? Empty
PostSubject: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Could be close between Carrick and Upson but I think Capeelo will go for the extra midfielder and I am guessing Warnock, Dawson, Upson, Huddlestone, Parker, Wright-Phillips and Bent will be the unlucky 7 cut from the England squad.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:55 pm

I think there will be a suprize - someone who everyone thinks is a cert will miss out.

The manager loves to show the media he rules so I think its a matter of finding who the lamb is.

The more I look at it, the more I think King could be the lamb.

For some reason people have him jumping infront of Upson.

Maybe with Carragher in the squad, King isnt needed.

By the way - I think centre half is going to be a huge problem for us - we lack so much pace.

Huddlestone, Parker, Wright-Phillips, Warnock, Dawson, and probably Bent, along with King.

Both reserve left backs are not international class and a case can be made to drop them both n have Carragher cover Ashley, enabling Bent to go.

I like this idea as the more forward options we have the better.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm

looks like Walcott was the lamb!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 pm

So Walcott, Johnson, Baines, Dawson, Huddlestone, Parker, and Bent miss out.

Couple of surprises, he went for the extra defender in Upson and while I am not a big fan of Walcott, surely he is better than SWP? Sad not to see Johnson make the team would have given something different on the left. Wasn't he the only natural left footer on the team? I guess capello thought he was just to inexperienced.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Yes, Johnson for SWP would be ok with me - I dont think walcott deserved a place and there is a Chelsea text going around about how lucky we are Walcott fav player was handball Henry!

Not sure why both King n Upson are going - must mean Carragher is looked upon as a full back only?

I wouldnt have taken King n took Johnson.

Still - dont matter who they take lol
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:02 pm

TickTok wrote:

Still - dont matter who they take lol
So true, we've got it in the bag....
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
which 7 don't make the cut? Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999which 7 don't make the cut? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:43 am

i agree with everyone except except the following:
id replace heskey with bent
and id replace king with johnson

johnson has been brilliant since joining us, and can offer something different. he can cross with both feet, great set piece taker and can hit the ball from a distance at goal.

darren bent had a brilliant season last season, suprised to see him left out, as capello stated he would choose players on form :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which 7 don't make the cut?   which 7 don't make the cut? Empty

Back to top Go down

which 7 don't make the cut?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: