Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Empty
PostSubject: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 am

Early news - seems like it was a tackle - They have have rushed him off for a scan.

Dawson to be called up? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TickTok on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 pm

TickTok wrote:
Early news - seems like it was a tackle - They have have rushed him off for a scan.

It was Gerrard. It was the only way he'd get the armband!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:31 pm

simpleman wrote:
TickTok wrote:

It was Gerrard. It was the only way he'd get the armband!

Yep - The England Captain by default list could get longer.

There's only One England Captain, One England Captain, There's only one England Captain.

John Terry!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Dawson has been put on standby!!!!

Knee injury said to be possibly worse than first feared!!!

Football gods said to be heard singing

There's only One England Captain, One England Captain, There's only one England Captain.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Leaves hospital on crutches

Rumour is ligaments

Dawson packing bags?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

1-0 TO Emille Heskey

The lump from Villa takes out Rio in a tackle late in 1st training session.

Dawson told do not go on holiday

Gerrard said to be new captain by default

Dont do it Steve - the football gods will finger u next!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Are you pissed? drunken

Very Happy

This might be what he needs. Could we actually see the real Steven Gerrard now for England?.......nah!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Not good news. Can't image who the centre back pairing will be now. Gerrard as captain, hopefully it will be the kick up the ass he needs to play well. But isn't Gerrard caring an injury? Lampard or Rooney next in line for the captaincy, because it will never be Terry again.

Have heard that Drogba has done his elbow and may miss the World Cup.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Not good news. Can't image who the centre back pairing will be now. Gerrard as captain, hopefully it will be the kick up the ass he needs to play well. But isn't Gerrard caring an injury? Lampard or Rooney next in line for the captaincy, because it will never be Terry again.

Have heard that Drogba has done his elbow and may miss the World Cup.

Yes, great news for Chelsea if Drogba is ruled out and wonderful news that Essien has singed a contract extention today.

You are right it wont be John as Captain - under this manager, so we are saddled with 3rd 4th and anyone who has a thick enough arm to hang the band on lol

Frank told Chelsea TV what the public dont see would suprize many as far as who is the leader of the team at England, so I doubt it makes much differance.

There is only one England captian, one England captain, theres only one England captain.

Gerrard next to be fingered by the Football gods? jocolor
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:07 pm

simpleman wrote:
Are you pissed? drunken

Very Happy

This might be what he needs. Could we actually see the real Steven Gerrard now for England?.......nah!

No, not pissed, but I will admit to laughing at todays news - I am sorry, that might offend a few, but frankly, Chelsea comes first and John has been publicly shagged (excuse the pun) for something thats nothing to do with football not against any law and nothing to do with anyone else other than those involved.

Meanwhile, a convicted drug test absentee picks up the armband. Its not Rio's fault, but he and the rest of the muppets would have shown themselves as real men if they had got behind John and not allowed the manager to make a prat of himself by bowing to the media.

Would you believe I asked my local independant bookmaker just after the news John would no longer be England captain, for a price on Rio missing the world cup. The lucky sod declined to lay me a price.

Get on USA for a win or Draw!!

Footnote:
Who said Capello didnt have a reason to take Heskey to the world cup? jocolor
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:56 pm

How much do you support the England team?

Of course, you have made it clear that Chelsea comes first, which is fair enough and many football fans have the club before country mentality. That said, I think it goes too far when you support the players from your own club but do not appear to give any support to players of other clubs.

Is the pool of English talent, beside Chelsea players, really so poor?

Is the (almost certain) omission of Rio really a good thing for the team given what we have to replace him? For example, your unwavering support for JT is fair (as a chelsea fan) but given your constant criticisms of Rio you really dont acknowledge the fact that JT's best days are over. His lack of pace and clumsy performances for Chelsea this year are a concern. They are even more of a concern when perhaps we correctly look upon him as Englands best central defender.

Im sure, that when the USA game rolls around, you'll be in the pub (is that where you watch games) with all the other England fans, tunelessy chanting along to something that one drunken fan has come up with.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:05 pm

abcdef wrote:
How much do you support the England team?

Not much - I am of an age where I no longer fall for the bullshit surrounding our national team. Dont get me wrong, id like us to win, but come on - look at our shower of shit!

abcdef wrote:
Of course, you have made it clear that Chelsea comes first, which is fair enough and many football fans have the club before country mentality. That said, I think it goes too far when you support the players from your own club but do not appear to give any support to players of other clubs.

Why should I offer any support to any other clubs players when the morons of other clubs boo our players at Wembley? Did you not see Ashley Cole's interview for ITV before the FA Cup final? He was asked, Double with Chelsea or World Cup with England? He answered Chelsea Double. I'll let you into a secret, all the other Chelsea players were so happy with him with that answer. As far as England goes, its 4 Chelsea players with a group of other geezers who matter not.

abcdef wrote:
Is the pool of English talent, beside Chelsea players, really so poor?

I dont rate many others and truth be told, Joe isn’t that great either, but while he still represents the club, he is Blue. There are a couple who are above average, none that would command a starting place at Chelsea.

abcdef wrote:
Is the (almost certain) omission of Rio really a good thing for the team given what we have to replace him? For example, your unwavering support for JT is fair (as a chelsea fan) but given your constant criticisms of Rio you really dont acknowledge the fact that JT's best days are over. His lack of pace and clumsy performances for Chelsea this year are a concern. They are even more of a concern when perhaps we correctly look upon him as Englands best central defender.

Which Rio we talking about here? The Rio of 2-3 seasons ago, or the crooked player we have seen this past 2 seasons? I dont see him as any loss at all. He hasn’t done it for too long and in my opinion, his back problems are causing all these other problems as his body is having to adjust to less mobility. John has had a difficult season and of course the media n 3rd sources have been instrumental in helping unsettle his private life. All things coincided, its probably been his best season as a leader as he never shied away once from his duty as Chelsea Captain. Oh and of course, the England manager was such a pillar of strength to John & Chelsea. His actions sure helped John at a very difficult time, so excuse me if I dont forget & wait my moment.

Lack of pace & clumsy are a concern to who? He has never had any pace, yet reads the game as good as Bobby Moore. We at Chelsea are not worried & it seems like you are falling into the same trap as a fellow Red at this board when you say his best days are over lol. How he performs in a England shirt is no concern to us, as long as he comes home as he left us.

abcdef wrote:
Im sure, that when the USA game rolls around, you'll be in the pub (is that where you watch games) with all the other England fans, tunelessy chanting along to something that one drunken fan has come up with.

I might be in my fav watering hole enjoying the atmosphere of many World Cup games, but I have decided to watch more at home.

I'll leave you with this one thought - notice how many adverts are offering us deals on new tellys, £10 back for every England goal, if England win the world cup, the Telly is free, buy this poster of Kelly Brooke, and if England win the world up, you can wait in line to give her one for the lads.

For years and years companies have made a mint out of our national team every other year – And of course, you know the bookmakers call these finals their “Benefit Period”
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm

The tv deals havent gone unnoticed. Its embarassing that our hopes are treated like that by our own companys.

Whats more embarassing (and im sure you'll agree) is that the media lead the witchhunt against players like John, but when we fail in Safrica they will be the ones trying to point a finger and work out where it all went wrong. They could do worse with point the finger at themselves.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm

abcdef wrote:
The tv deals havent gone unnoticed. Its embarassing that our hopes are treated like that by our own companys.

Whats more embarassing (and im sure you'll agree) is that the media lead the witchhunt against players like John, but when we fail in Safrica they will be the ones trying to point a finger and work out where it all went wrong. They could do worse with point the finger at themselves.

All you ever wanted to know about the English media was shown up no more than a few weeks ago when they ran the story of the sting on the FA Chairman.

That story didnt just embarras the FA n hurt our World Cup bid, those finals will help many people in London recover from the F*** up we make of the Olympics!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Tick your opinion on England is one that is shared by a lot of fans of the big clubs in England. Their clubs comes first, last and always and they all have what the Germans call Schadenfreude when it comes to other teams' players. I think it's sad and I always support England no matter how many C****s put on the shirt, the same way I cheer for ever English or British team when they play foreign opposition.

You shouldn't have to feel that the team is going to win to support them and we all know England has weaknesses, but outside of Brazil and Spain and maybe Argentina if you discount Maradona so does everyone else.

Yes the England fans boo Chelsea players, but it wasn't that long ago when the United players on England where getting booed and I image during the 70's and 80's the Liverpool players on the team got their share of booing as well. However, with all the C****s at Chelsea it's not hard to boo. But the same was said about United players pre- Abramovich and I remember thinking the same about a lot of Liverpool players during the 70's and 80's. It comes with the territory, nobody likes the person on top.

As for Rio, he is not the player he was a couple of years ago and I suspect the injury might have something to do with his back injury. He favours his back and it puts extra pressure on other parts of his body. He moves in a different way and it leaves other parts more susceptible to injury. But in one way it might be a blessing in disguise, I was hoping he would remain injury free, but there was always the chance he was going to get injured in the World Cup. Better now than in two weeks when we can't replace him.

Plus if this team is as poor as you think and it's Achilles Heel is the defense than Rio not being there will mean the blame will fall elsewhere. John Terry was always going to take a lot of the blame if England didn't win the World Cup. Even if the expectations were ridiculously high prior to the bridge affair, England were sailing through the qualifiers and playing good football. Since then they seem to have lost their concentration and cohesiveness.

There is no doubt that Terry is a great reader of the game, but playing in a defense with Upson and Johnson in front of James in goal, Terry is going to have to play like Bobby Moore. Because if England just slip through the group stages and get beat in the knockout round, the English press will be out for blood. After seeing what they did to Beckham and Ronaldo the last couple of times England has crashed and burned, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even John Terry.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I happen to think the Chelsea players wont give a monkeys what the media say once we are out of the world cup.

Now John is no longer captain, wot does he care - he is now a soldier - others have to raise their game n organize the team. He returns as captain of the double winners knowing he has four more years leading the club.

Frank has been through it before when he was blamed for the previous world cup. He had the most shots of any player, yet failed to score once. I think he will return to Jose trying to tempt him to Madrid. The master manager knows who the real best player in the world is.

Any flack on Ashley will be water off a Ducks back as he only has to open his front door to blamed for the weather.

I honestly believe our players dont give a monkeys and will return to cobham with the papers leading with transfer talk away from Stamford Bridge.

I'll tell you what the media will be looking at - Maybe the Italian in charge is alot more clever than we thought he was, taking Heskey & getting the clause dropped in his contract before a ball is kicked in South Africa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:30 am

TickTok wrote:

Why should I offer any support to any other clubs players when the morons of other clubs boo our players at Wembley? Did you not see Ashley Cole's interview for ITV before the FA Cup final? He was asked, Double with Chelsea or World Cup with England? He answered Chelsea Double. I'll let you into a secret, all the other Chelsea players were so happy with him with that answer. As far as England goes, its 4 Chelsea players with a group of other geezers who matter not.

Don't get me wrong I feel pretty much the same as you when it comes to this national team. I used to got to the old Wembley for internationals during the Taylor days, surely that demonstrates my commitment to my national team ;-) But now I don't really give a shit. Yes I'll support them and yes I'll be watching all their world cup games, but for some reason I don't have the passion for them as I once did. Perhaps too many false dawns?

The reason for the quote is....do you think that the reason England fail to deliver is because of this player attitude? I don't think this is unique to Chelsea players and perhaps everyone's indifference to International football is why we don't see club level performances?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Great question!

I think the present manager hit the nail right on the head when he said that our players are frightened to play in a England shirt cause as soon as they make a mistake the morons turn on them.

I think the players attitude has been created by our own fans - fellow Englishman, who cant look at a player representing our country without picturing the colour shirt he earns his money at.

There will be more players giving up playing for England over the next few years cause of two reasons.

One - Why should they take the stick they get? and Two - Scoles (I have no idea why he was asked for this world cup) and Carragher have proven you can have nice periods off while others fly all over europe qualifiying, and return for the cream competition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 6:40 pm

As Gerrard has just scored a goal fro England against USA it got me thinking that if for some strange reason England manage to win the World Cup and Captain Steven Gerrard holds it aloft. Should he be stripped of the arm band when Rio gets fit?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:35 pm

simpleman wrote:
As Gerrard has just scored a goal fro England against USA it got me thinking that if for some strange reason England manage to win the World Cup and Captain Steven Gerrard holds it aloft. Should he be stripped of the arm band when Rio gets fit?

Ever get the feeling you should have waited till the end of the game? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 pm

TickTok wrote:
simpleman wrote:

Ever get the feeling you should have waited till the end of the game? Rolling Eyes
lol, I would have forgotten by then. Seemed a pertinent question at the time lol!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 pm

The boy played well - Have to give him that - He will need to play at that level every game for us to just get out of the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP   Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP Empty

Back to top Go down

Ferdinand Falls Over - Knee Scanned - OUT OF WORLD CUP
Page 1 of 1