Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 am

God help us if this four are the future of English football.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 am

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Kieran Giggs (Arsenal), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), James Milner (Manchester City), Jordan Henderson (Sunderland).

Strikers: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Andy Carroll (Newcastle), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jay Bothroyd (Cardiff).

Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:08 am

TickTok wrote:
God help us if this four are the future of English football.

Bothroyd is a real surprise, he's not young and has kicked around a lot of teams. He never really did anything for all the teams he played for at the top level, but he is on fire this year in the Championship. But England has never had to go searching the lower leagues for Striker? I think Steve Bull may have been the last one. Carroll his having a good year and if England want a big physical centre forward, I would much rather have Carroll than Crouch or Heskey. Henderson, I just don't see what the hype is about and Smalling while raw is improving each time out, though no where near starting for United let alone England.

I like the squad for the game against France. It's a friendly and a good time to give some of the kids a shot. I would much rather see friendlies used like this than running the risk of injuring of the top clubs' players.

The French are bringing a fairly solid team, Evra and Ribery are not there but most of the French best players are and it should be a good test for the English kids.

France squad to play England at Wembley, 17 November

Goalkeepers Carrasso (Bordeaux), Lloris (Lyons), Mandanda (Marseilles)

Defenders Reveillere (Lyons), Clichy (Arsenal), Mexes (Roma), Rami (Lille), Sakho (Paris St Germain), Sagna (Arsenal), Abidal (Barcelona)

Midfielders A Diarra (Bordeaux), Cabaye (Lille), Gourcuff (Lyons), Mvila (Rennes), Nasri (Arsenal)

Forwards Benzema (Real Madrid), Gameiro (Lorient), Hoarau (Paris St Germain), Malouda (Chelsea), Remy (Marseilles), Valbuena (Marseilles), Payet (St Etienne)
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 am

Its a nice move to pick some of these kids for a friendly squad, but then they probably wont even play. My boss is a sunderland fan and he speaks very highly of henderson, believes he will be at a top club with a season or two.

Carroll deserves a shot. We are weak up front anyway, and there is no loss in trying him out. If heskey could win so many caps for england than carroll is in for a long and fruitful international career.

Perhaps these players are what we need to freshen things up a bit, perhaps encourage the older campaigners to pull their socks up.

But the future of english football... i dont thinkso.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 pm

I have no problem with Carroll - I watched him play for the Under 21's for a number of seasons and knew all about him - hence he was in my fantasy team before Reds lol.

The other 3 are not worthy of a England cap and in Smallings case, he is the worst player to be called up in living memory. Here's hoping he and Rio get together so all can see the best two ball watching defenders in the premiership.

He may improve with time, but he isnt ready at this time.

Davies is discarded after one call up - Why call him up in the first place if you are only going to give him the one cap?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!   Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Boothroyd Henderson Carroll & SMALLING!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Non-Domestic Football :: International Football :: The Italians Educational School-
Jump to: