Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Empty
PostSubject: Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest   Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 3:22 pm

So now we have another BIG name manager working on the Championship. Real suprized this feller took a lower division job and have to wonder why Villa changed their mind at the 10th hour?

With Big Sam at West Ham Paul Jewell at Ipswich Sven at Leicester and now McClaren entering the division, it has to be said the Championship looks to be a graveyard for failed Englishmen & ex English managers!

I was of the opinion Billy Davis had worked miracles in getting a average Forest squad to the play off's 2 years running. Its to be seen if the backing he kept saying he needed to get over the premiership winning line will be given to McClaren.

You have to think it will.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest   Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Supposedly Villa took a lot of flack from their fans about McClaren and Lerner backed off him as a result of it.

I think McClaren deserves another chance, he really didn't do any worse than any recent England manager. The Wally in Brolly picture seemed to really do a number on his reputation.

Do Forest have any money? I don't know anything about the ownership, but they have never really been a well supported club even when they were wining European Cups.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest   Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, McClaren does deserve another chance. I think he is a progressive manager & very few Englishmen have had success abroad.

Well if you believe Billy Davis there is some money there, but he wasnt given it.

It will be very interesting the type of players he can attract & I fully expect him to raid the Dutch n German league for players who have impressed him while working there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest   Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve McClaren Ends Up At Forest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Domestic Football :: Coca Cola Championship 1&2-
Jump to: