Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Empty
PostSubject: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:50 pm

It's been a battle all season long between Sheffield's two teams to see who was to join Charlton as the two automatic promotions into the Championship. I thought a few weeks ago that United had it sewed up, but Wednesday's hot streak and United's collapse down the stretch saw Wednesday clinch automatic promotion on the final day of the season.

10 wins and two draws since Wednesday fired Megson and replaced him with Jones and coupled with United falling apart around the time Ched Evans was found guilty.

The family back in Sheffield is divided on this one, I think there are slightly more blue than red, but the younger ones seem to be United fans and the older ones are dying off.

Good to see Wednesday on the way up and I hope United come up via the play off.

Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Have to say it was an interesting move when they removed Megson and while controversial, they did replace him with a quality manager.

Long time since I have been to Hillsborough and maybe with a slice of luck or two, we might see this sleeping giant back in the prem.

United did fall apart as you say Red. I wonder if they can turn things around for 3 extra games?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Will be tough to see United turn it around, they got a good result today scoreless away to Stevenage and if Cresswell gets healthy, he's only been used as a sub lately and I believe didn't play at all today they may have a chance.

But no Premier football in Yorkshire, Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship   Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Wednesday promoted into the Championship
Page 1 of 1