Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wayne Rooney

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:57 pm

This fella is a legend. I've had my issues with his attitude, of course, but when it comes to playing football, he's a miracle in my opinion. Like Scholes, he's rated very highly outside of England and doesn't get the love he deserves at home.

For those that haven't seen it, here's a clip of his speech to the team after the game vs. Switzerland.

Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Wayne Rooney Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Wayne Rooney Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

Wayne Rooney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney   Wayne Rooney EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:57 pm

I find it a little sad that there is such a rush to compare Rooney to Charlton and some negative things have been said about him. He has scored 50 goals and become the highest scorer for England in history. That achievement should be celebrated and recognised for what it is. No need to compare who is the greatest player overall - Charlton has a much more glittering resume.

Pleased for Rooney to reach his mark and I am sure he will score many more goals, setting a formidable total for the next generation to reach. 60 would be a good target - 10 goals that fire us to the Euro16 championship jocolor
Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney
Page 1 of 1