Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MLS play-off structure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
MLS play-off structure Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999MLS play-off structure Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

MLS play-off structure Empty
PostSubject: MLS play-off structure   MLS play-off structure EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Looking at the play off structure for the MLS Cup.

6 teams in each conference make the play-offs. The fourth- vs. fifth-place teams and the third- vs. sixth play a one game knockout. First place team plays the lowest seeded team left and the second place team plays the other team that survied the knockout in a home and away most goals win. Winners play each other in a home and away and the two conference winners play in the Cup final.

Hopefully Toronto and Montreal get to play at some time in the play-offs. Would definetly go to see that game if it is in Toronto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   MLS play-off structure EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:03 am

I've been chatting with a lot of the old boys that jumped at season tickets for TFC in the early offing only to dump them at the low point before the Defoe deal came in. A lot of them are regretting it now...especially with Giovinco.

I still couldn't really give a shit about MLS. It's hard to watch. I've really tried. The goal I posted in the other thread was nice, but check the right back's defensive effort. It's sunday league-ish.

Still..something to crow about in Toronto. Hasn't been anything of note for a good two decades.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
MLS play-off structure Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999MLS play-off structure Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   MLS play-off structure EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 am

I was thinking more about atmosphere. The place was about 1/3 full for the Canada game I saw and it was really rocking. Both FC and the Impact have some serious fans and their antics will be better than the football.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLS play-off structure   MLS play-off structure Empty

Back to top Go down

MLS play-off structure
Page 1 of 1