Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MLB WORLD SERIES

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
MLB WORLD SERIES Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999MLB WORLD SERIES Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:53 am

Not as interested this year as my Giants missed the play-offs.

Just a couple of observations,

Good for the locals here to see the Blue Jays doing so well. But they sure have a couple of hot dogs in Bautista and Donaldson. Sure would love to see what Gibson, Dysdale or Marichal would do to a batter who flipped his bat after hitting a game winning home run. The phrase stick one in his ear comes to mind.

Can this be the Cubs year? The movie trilogy Back to the Future had the Cubs winning the World Series in 2015. Have friends in Chicago and oten go down to see a ballgame when the Giants are there. Thinking about being in Chicago for a few days if the Cubs have a chance to win it all. What a party that will be, last time the Cubs won the World Series 1908.

And I see hate those ******* Dodgers. Go Mets
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626
MLB WORLD SERIES Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999MLB WORLD SERIES Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-21

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 pm

The outrage at a bat flip is puzzling to me. In football a guy can score a goal 5 minutes in and celebrate like its the Workd cup winner and nobody gets worked up, but a guy flips his bat in that incredible situation and a bunch of uptight people get their knickers in a twist? Bizarre.

Dodgers got dumped out last night, so Cubs Mets, and Jays Royals.

Good for the TV ratings.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

MLB WORLD SERIES Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999MLB WORLD SERIES Right_bar_bleue

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:28 pm

I think it is that baseball is the most traditional of the American sports, you just don't show up the pitcher. Kind of like in golf you have to stand quitely and watch your opponent sink a short putt to win the match. It used to be if you did what Bautista did the next batter got one in his ear. I kind of miss that. Never did understand the over the top celebration and trash talking that has taken over American sports. But then again I don't really understand this modern world or have much use for it.
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626
MLB WORLD SERIES Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999MLB WORLD SERIES Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-21

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Bench clearing brawls, managers screaming at umpires and kicking dirt over home plate, guys winging balls at each other's heads andctryingvto break ankles sliding into base.
It seems like the sport picks and chooses what is golf like and what isn't.

Personally I thought it was brilliant, and easily the best sporting event I have seen from this continent in the 12 years I've been here.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 pm

I like all the things about baseball that you mentioned Milt. Old time baseball. Tradition.
Back to top Go down

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:30 am

I have no problem with the bat flip. I mean...it was a very charged up game especially after the live ball throw back from Martin having nearly thrown the game away.

The bean ball is fun too...If Bautista is gonna do that then he has to know the pitchers will come inside on him. Plain and simple.

If we're complaining about rules, lets discuss the stupid DH rule. That's been a total contributor to AL pitchers acting like dick bags. At least having to stand in there after throwing inside makes things more even steven.

Every sport has showboating. It's good for the fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MLB WORLD SERIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB WORLD SERIES   MLB WORLD SERIES Empty

Back to top Go down

MLB WORLD SERIES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: The Rest :: Other Sports-
Jump to: