Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EURO Final - Portugal V France

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

EURO Final - Portugal V France Empty
PostSubject: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 am

Portugal have lost to France in their last 10 meetings.

France has full selection of their squad.

Carvalho is back for Portugal, but Pepe is a question mark due to injury.
Back to top Go down
Gooner

Gooner

Number of posts : 832
EURO Final - Portugal V France Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999EURO Final - Portugal V France Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 2:55 pm

France - FTW!  Even though they beat ze germans ...................  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
EURO Final - Portugal V France Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999EURO Final - Portugal V France Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 5:08 pm

Busby wrote:
Portugal have lost to France in their last 10 meetings.  

France has full selection of their squad.

Carvalho is back for Portugal, but Pepe is a question mark due to injury.  

So Portugal have lost 10 straight to France? The way this tournament has gone that bodes well for Portugal. Germany had not beaten Italy in a tournament, France had not beaten Germany for awhile, so put your money on Portugal.
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626
EURO Final - Portugal V France Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999EURO Final - Portugal V France Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-21

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:32 pm

I'm just hoping for a good final. Both teams have showed ambition so far, though Portugal have struggled to get on the score sheet in a couple of games, I still felt they were going for it.
France obviously like to play cavalier football, which should give the Portuguese some room to run into.

Pepe could be a big miss, especially with Giroud's heading prowess.

3-2 to the French would be a fun scoreline. I'll win the pool at work, if it happens (any French win).
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

EURO Final - Portugal V France Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999EURO Final - Portugal V France Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Milt wrote:
I'm just hoping for a good final. Both teams have showed ambition so far, though Portugal have struggled to get on the score sheet in a couple of games, I still felt they were going for it.
France obviously like to play cavalier football, which should give the Portuguese some room to run into.

Pepe could be a big miss, especially with Giroud's heading prowess.

3-2 to the French would be a fun scoreline. I'll win the pool at work, if it happens (any French win).

France should win, they are the better team and have home field advantage. Also here that Pepe has passed fit and should play.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Sorry to see Ronaldo out. I think Payet knew what he was doing. Nothing wrong with the initial challenge, but the follow through was diliberate. You see it too much in today's game, the first challenge takes the ball, but the trailing leg is left in to take out the man.

Hope it does not mean Portugal will set back, defend and hope for penalties, unless France get a quick goal. Ruins the final as a spectacle if it goes that way.
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626

Registration date : 2015-08-21

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Found myself rooting for Portugal after Ronaldo was injured, which is fucking weird.
I felt sorry for him and the team. I thought Payet did him good, and I suspect it will be ligament damage. Anyway with odds stacked against them so much I couldn't help but cheer on the underdog.

France didn't do enough to win it either. Nice goal by Eder, a worthy goal to win a tournament.

Pepe player of the Euros for me. A real master class of defending from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 2:37 pm

I agree Portugal was good for the win. France played well, but I think the expectation was higher. I thought Deschamp could have done a bit more tactically earlier on, but the game really did look destined for penalties, so I can forgive this a bit.

I too found myself rooting for Portugal, which was weird given the history, but not surprising since I'm a fan of Cristiano. Portugal's Rui Patricio looked very good. I'd wager a big club comes in for him because he looks a very good player. I wonder how loyal he'd be to Sporting if a big offer came in.

I'm also surprised that France's Sissoko is the same Sissoko that we saw all year at Newcastle.
Back to top Go down
Gooner

Gooner

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
I think Payet knew what he was doing. Nothing wrong with the initial challenge, but the follow through was diliberate. 

Totally agree, Red.  Payet definitely left his knee in with that challenge.  I'm no CR7 fan, but I hate cocks that do intentional shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 3:30 pm

I thought Dechamps got his tactics wrong. Pogba was played to deep, he sat just in front of the back four and hardly got foward all day. He got the subs wrong in my opinion, Gignac for Giroud was like for like, he needed to change things up and Martial would have been a better option.

This should be the end for Dechamps, with a better manager and all the young talent they have, France should have a great chance to win the next World Cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Gooner wrote:
Redcanuck wrote:
I think Payet knew what he was doing. Nothing wrong with the initial challenge, but the follow through was diliberate. 

Totally agree, Red.  Payet definitely left his knee in with that challenge.  I'm no CR7 fan, but I hate cocks that do intentional shit like that.

See I disagree. If Payet didn't "leave his knee in" he'd have not been standing. He made a challenge on the ball and it's a contact sport. I think it's a bit assumptive to think Payet was trying to hurt Ronaldo. Ronaldo, for once, stood in and paid the price with his foot being stuck, again, on his standing leg. He also tried to drag the ball back rather than pass it (hence the reason they do one touch training...he had Sanchez square), which gave Payet the time to make the challenge. It wasn't even a foul if you ask me.

This is a classic example of why players jump or pull up their other leg then get accused of over acting and over dramatizing a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Gooner

Gooner

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 5:42 pm

EURO Final - Portugal V France TXLPTjL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 3:57 pm

So what is Payet supposed to do exactly? Use the force to move his leg an inch or two, or halt his momentum altogether? Or realistically, not try to make a tackle in the first place? I see this as looking for something that's not actually there.

There's five to ten of these collisions a game, and more if you play Sunday (Friday in my case) league.  No one's trying to hurt anyone in a situation like this. If players were this good at sneakily hurting others, you'd see way more injuries in the game.  This is incidental contact in my opinion and an axiom of the sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EURO Final - Portugal V France   EURO Final - Portugal V France Empty

Back to top Go down

EURO Final - Portugal V France
Page 1 of 1