Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gooner

Gooner

Number of posts : 832
Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-14

Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Empty
PostSubject: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 10:16 pm

As you guys know, I'm a huge F1 nut.  F1 is my first love and have been following it since I was a wee lad.  The old man was a huge Jackie Stewart fan - and I spent many an afternoon beside him watching.  

Anyways.

The majority of forums I frequent have a collection of nutters that are convinced Mercedes are engineering a fake championship to appease their german darling, Nico Rosberg - at the expense of Lewis Hamilton.  Lewis' engine failure in Sepang has these tin foil hat guys foaming at the mouth that it was a deliberate detonation by Mercedes.  The suggestions are absurd, right down to Nico's mechanics not putting oil in the power plant.  Is there cheating in F1, sure, lots of examples - but sabotaging your own car?  

I know TT follows F1 for certain, so not sure of how many others .... but I'm curious to know the thoughts of others on this.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:07 am

Not very knowledgeable on F1, but seems an odd complaint from Hamilton, though I have heard he has backtracked a bit.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Hamilton in this country is more than a bit "Marmite" You either love him or Loath him.

I have to admit as he has got older I am firmly in the Loath him party. Alas a party which is growing rapidly.

However, I am not too trusting of the Germans either lol! so he may have something in his poor reliability this season, when his partner sticks on the track more often.

Got to be frank thou, I am guilty of cheering each time he has clonked out & have money (Small wager) on the kid from Monaco becoming world champion.
Back to top Go down
Gooner

Gooner

Number of posts : 832
Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 3:19 pm

I used to think he was ok, but, I'm in the loathing camp too - just like Marmite  Very Happy   On certain sites, you're a hater or a racist because you dislike the man.  Bizarre. His off track antics, arrogance of other drivers, and how he views the structure of F1 has resulted in my dislike.  Can the man drive, for sure he can - without question, he's exceptionally talented ... but it's how he scoffs at the tradition of F1 that gets my goad the most.

I don't buy into conspiracy's.  Cheating, yes, willful tampering of your own team, no.  Michael Schumacher had the lions share of failures in Mercedes when Nico didn't.  I couldn't fathom the ideal it was orchestrated by Mercedes - spurning the greatest German to ever race in F1.

Though there are no 100%'s in anything, especially F1 - Nico could potentially wrap up the championship with winning in Mexico and Lewis with a DNF.  Mexico is where Nico started his eye raising performances last year, and strung together several consecutive wins between the two seasons.  

I think you're going to win your wager, TT ... but in the words of the infamous Murray Walker (bless him) .... Anything can happen in Formula One - and it usually does.
Back to top Go down
zingobingo1

zingobingo1

Number of posts : 139
Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue116 / 999116 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Problem with F1 is it's a one team sport and you have to get your kicks from a drivers championship that has two runners.

I like Speedway, no brakes, little protection for the riders and 3 hours of brilliant entertainment on GP nights.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Happy to see my betting account updated with the influx of money won on young Rosberg, even with his panicking messages to the pit crew to be allowed to overtake his team mate.  Rolling Eyes

Wasnt a huge windfall and my son has already placed the money on something we have been backing down from about 8-1 in the summer.

Fingers crossed.

Ok, time for the best radio show in the UK...... The Monday Night Club Idea
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:19 pm

What you make of today's shock announcement Gooner?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton   Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton Empty

Back to top Go down

Mercedes conspiracy to screw over Lewis Hamilton
Page 1 of 1