Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Morrison at Wigan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Morrison at Wigan Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Morrison at Wigan Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Morrison at Wigan Empty
PostSubject: Morrison at Wigan   Morrison at Wigan EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:27 am

Ravel Morrison is training with Wigan Hoping that hooking up with Warren Joyce, the former United reseverve coach, now Wigan boss will jump start his career.

Morrison is still only 23, seems like we have been hearing about him for ever. Many who saw him play for United's youth teams say he was the best prospect United ever produced. Poor upbringing, hanging with the wrong crowd and just being a prick, ruined a lot of opporutuities for this kid.

Has to be nearing his last chance, hope he makes something of this, though I wouldn't put any money on it.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Morrison at Wigan Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Morrison at Wigan Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Morrison at Wigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrison at Wigan   Morrison at Wigan EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Ravel Morrison is training with Wigan   Hoping that hooking up with Warren Joyce, the former United reseverve coach, now Wigan boss will jump start his career.

Morrison is still only 23, seems like we have been hearing about him for ever.  Many who saw him play for United's youth teams say he was the best prospect United ever produced.  Poor upbringing, hanging with the wrong crowd and just being a prick, ruined a lot of opporutuities  for this kid.

Has to be nearing his last chance, hope he makes something of this, though I wouldn't put any money on it.

Its because of the highlighted line why he is getting so many chances to shine.

I guess nobody stopped to think that opinion of him was wrong and he was only a highlight reel at his own age group?

As the years roll past and my education of professional clubs youth teams\academy's becomes sharper from watching Chelsea TV coverage of our youth, its very easy to get caught out with opinion of a young playing in his own age group. There has been half a dozen youngsters come through Chelsea, the best youth academy judged on the FA Youth cup, who I felt had a real chance of having a place in our first team squad, only for them to be found out when they moved up too the mens level.

It's a terrible thing to say but, Todays professional footballer is as much about between the ears as it is ability with ones feet.

Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Morrison at Wigan Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Morrison at Wigan Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Morrison at Wigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrison at Wigan   Morrison at Wigan EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:04 pm

That is a good point, to make it you need to progress through many levels.  Just because you are a star at one level, does not mean you will at the next level. Plus people develop at different rates, Morrison could have been an early bloomer and finished his development earlier than say Pogba and Lingard who were on the same reserve team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Morrison at Wigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrison at Wigan   Morrison at Wigan Empty

Back to top Go down

Morrison at Wigan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Domestic Football :: Coca Cola Championship 1&2-
Jump to: