Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Report Week 7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 7 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Fantasy League Report Week 7 Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:00 pm

Fantasy League Report Week 7 Week_710

Game week 7 of our fantasy league has come on gone with 5 Teams scoring more than the weekly average of all players.

The big mover this week is ZingoBingo who’s 2nd week running total of 64 has helped him leap frog 2 places in the table into 3rd.

Conservatives had another strong week equalling the total of ZingoBingo meaning they also moved up the table again this week.

ABCDE FC continued its good form and is now just 21 points behind United 4ever.

We also have a new manager (Chelsea4thedrop) who team is West Spam United.

InjuryFreeSeason go into the International break at the top of the league after another solid week from their players. There is no doubt the form of Frank Lampard is a major factor to why this team has managed to be so consistent this season. This weeks 9 points have been doubled up again cause of the captaincy and with Chelsea keeping a clean sheet more points flow to InjuryFreeSeason.

For once the SpiderPig IX slowed down a little in their free scoring of late. Defoe and Adebayor both brought in good points and clean sheets from Rio and Bosingwa helped boost the total. Downing brought an assist to the party, but the terrible looking injury to Skrtel will mean there needs to be more magic from this manager in the transfer market. With Skrtel’s price sure to tumble down quickly this manager is faced with a gamble in replacing him with 2 weeks till the next game.

ZingoBingo have really moved this last two weeks. Torres has been producing goals at last, and Frank Lampard as we know is playing some of the best football ever. It was good to see this manager benefit from Geovanni’s goal this weekend as the others he has scored ZingoBingo missed out as he was on the bench. The Spotlight will fall on this team later.

You have to feel for the manager of the Simplemen. Two weeks ago he took the momentous decision to sell Torres and go for the Arsenal centre forward Adebayor. While Adebayor has been consistent, Torres has scored a brace of goals in both games and the Simplemen have watched 20+ points disappear. Still with that said the team is doing ok with the brilliant pick of Ireland still producing tremendous points. Tip my hat to you on the pick of Carlton Cole (Great minds think alike) who scored at the weekend. The simpleman defence did not produce any extra points.

The more I look at the Conservatives side to more I think this is the team we are all going to have to beat. The defence is packed with big 4 players and produced over 20 points this week. Lampard is their captain bringing another 18 points and goals from Arteta and Defoe pushing the weekly total to 64. With players like Wright-Phillips and Carew on the bench you have to think this team is only going to move up the table.

Unted 4ever are suffering from a couple of unlucky decisions of late. The news out of the United camp was Rooney was nursing a foot problem and would be very doubtful for the weekend. You would have thought it was the correct decision to sell Rooney for a player more likely to play, yet Fergie not only played Rooney from the start the boy scored and starred in the game up at Blackburn. Good points from Ronaldo helped the total along with the late goal from Fabregas. The team should pick up in the future.

The manager of ABCDE FC must be commended in how he has kept at his team to produce more points and this week his decision to make Defoe his captain proved to be the star move of the week with Defoe’s 11 points for a goal n assist doubled up. Lampard and Ronaldo of course gave more help to the total. A nice assist from Steinsson was another bonus. He could be a good signing from Bolton. Cech’s clean sheet added 6 more, but the other 3 defenders could only manage 2 points between them. 57 points is still a great return from a improving team!

I think K-Class have to be the unluckiest team in our fantasy league. The manager has built a great side on paper, they just arnt getting all the players firing on the same weekend. Ronaldo is the captain and brought 12 points. A goal from Steven Ireland and clean sheet from Evra were the only “on the pitch” extra points. With Zaki Adebayor and SWP in the team they have to have a turn of fortune soon.

Sharples FC are pulling themselves closer n closer to the other teams around the bottom half of the league. This week Ronaldo gave them 12 points and Fabregas scored to add 7 more to the total. Cech’s clean sheet was an extra 6 points, but there wasn’t much else this week. None of the defenders found extra points and I feel a few more transfers to help balance out the inclusion of Ronaldo will need to happen before this team finds points from area’s.

New team West Spam United collected 42 points in their first week in our league. The team is based around 3 Man Utd players one of which is Ronaldo who brought 12 points. Defoe has been the most consistent forward these past few weeks taking over from Zaki who is also in WSU team. A clean sheet from Evra and an point for 3 saves by Jaaskelainen of Bolton down at Upton Park were the only other extra points they found.

There are only 37 points between 2nd and 7th in our league and it would only take one good week for a team to make huge inroads into the teams above them totals.

With a 2 week break its thinking caps on and preying your players come back without injury.

Spotlight falls on ZingoBingo

ZingoBingo’s manager has done very so far this season to get his team up to 3rd in the league. Not bad for a just turned 13 year old!

Petr Cech minds the ZingoBingo goal and has been very solid all season. Along with almost 35% of all teams Schwarzer of Fulham is the reserve keeper.

In defence they have two star defenders in Clichy and Bosingwa. Both have managed a few clean sheets this season already. Huth of Middlesboro has so far been a disappointing choice and the 2 Aston Villa defenders, although cheap have proved to be slow in gaining points so far.

Its in midfield where we see the points being gained. Frank Lampard is the top midfield playing in the league so far in fantasy points and when you add Ashley Young Geovanni and Valencia too you have a very strong midfield. The left sided Riera of Liverpool is a player who might have contributed more since his arrival at Anfield, but I am sure there is more to come from him.

Up front the strikeforce of ZZT (Zaki Zamora and Torres) has been a nice touch to ZingoBingo’s midfield. Zaki and Torres are in the top 5 strikers for points so far this season gaining 81 points between them. While this manager hasn’t benefited from all of those points, he should continue to gain good points from them over the coming weeks.

This is a good team which just needs a bit of tinkering in the transfer market to get more points from the backline, but on the whole a smart consistent team.

Fantasy League Report Week 7 Zingo_10

Premiership Strange But True

Villa 7 games since a score draw
Sunderland 17 games since a no score draw
Tottenham 8 games since a win
Arsenal 16 games since a no score draw
Man City 20 games since a score draw
Man Utd 43 games since a no score draw
Chelsea 28 games since a loss
Liverpool 14 games since a loss

Alvaro Arbeloa of Liverpool Ian Ashbee of Hull and Kieran Richardson of Sunderland, have all been booked 4 times in 7 Premiership games this season.

Kevin Davies of Bolton 3 clear (21) of Everton’s Marouane Fellaini (18 in the fouls committed count. What’s truly amazing is Fellanini’s total is from ONLY 4 games to Davies 7!!!!

Emmanuel Adebayor and Mikel Arteta lead the assists with 4 each.

Man Utd and Blackburn lead the way in team Yellow cards with 16. United achieved this in one game less than Blackburn (6)

Liverpool have only allowed 41 shots on goal in 7 games! Next best is Arsenal with 51.

Arsenal have had 127 shots on goal in 7 games. Only Chelsea Liverpool and Spurs (spurs Shocked ) also break the 100 shot total.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Report Week 7 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:48 pm

This game is getting to my head, I think I am guilty of over analyzing. I also think I may have made a mistake in going for Fabregas instead of Lampard. Have a plan in place to take a four point hit and bring Lampard in for Fabregas in a few weeks time. Would have been able to make the move this week if I had not used my free transfer last week to transfer Rooney out and Adebayor in, and my free transfer this week to reverse that move.

Lots of hard work again to go into preparing these reports Tick, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 7 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
This game is getting to my head, I think I am guilty of over analyzing. I also think I may have made a mistake in going for Fabregas instead of Lampard. Have a plan in place to take a four point hit and bring Lampard in for Fabregas in a few weeks time. Would have been able to make the move this week if I had not used my free transfer last week to transfer Rooney out and Adebayor in, and my free transfer this week to reverse that move.

Lots of hard work again to go into preparing these reports Tick, much appreciated.

Cheers Red - Doesnt seem many others have been moved to comment on the weekends points thou lol
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Report Week 7 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:23 pm

I thought I did alright - I wasnt too confident going in to be honest, my next change was going be Torres for Adebayor - and then Skrtel got injured Sad , my only concern is price changes and the international break - I dont want to make a change and then find another one of my players missing for the next round of games - bit of a catch 22...might have to risk a couple of extra points, dont want to use my wildcard yet...
I'm enjoying this now, taking it a bit more seriously than usual (no thanks to tick,lol)...these reports are an enjoyable read - easy to keep track of opponents and - you can copy me if you want,lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 pm

As ever a good read. It's nice to have it spelt out to you what a twat you've been Very Happy
Why oh why did I flog Torres? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 7   Fantasy League Report Week 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Report Week 7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Football Competitions :: Football Competitions-
Jump to: