Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Banner top of page ?

Go down 
+2
Redcanuck
dannyboy2890
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Banner top of page ? Empty
PostSubject: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 am

Hi admins tried to pm both of you however wouldn't send the message, anyway......
Just thought in place of where it says editboard.com at the top and along the top, could be replaced with pictures of footballers etc, brighten the page up..... Would also look appealing on the eye to visiting guests looking through the board .
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 am

That's a good idea. Not sure how it is done, but can look into it. If you know how let me know.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 am

I use to run one of these forums Red.. just like this.. and i did it along the top.

Can't remember how exactly.. but i think as you are Admin.. go to edit and graphics or something like that. lol
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Banner top of page ? Soccer10

I was wondering if anything could be done with this - or do you think it would paint us as a group of Tits? Mutley
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

That was my desktop background for ages lol
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 5:12 pm

hehehehe

all these thoughts
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 11:00 pm

*administrive panel mate
* picture management
* then you can edit pictures for the board, using the url of the selected pics

bounce
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am

Wrong place i know.. buttt, Dan where you get the sigs like Robinhos goal in your sig.. you had a similar one few days ago.. where you get em all from mate? Smile

Loved the goal thoo Razz
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 am

From another forum josh, I haven't a clue how to make them tbh mate.
Try typing whatever it is your after in photobucket etc..... there's some gif pictures like that on there matey Smile

bounce
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:51 pm

I think it is a great idea to have a banner for the forum. I am not that technically inclined so help would be appreciated.

If someone can design a banner that would be great and I could than figure out how to post it through the admin panel.

The other option is through the support forum of this site, I am not really sure what information they are asking for but they give this information about;

REQUSTING GRAPHICS FOR YOUR FORUM

1) Remember to start with an explicit title, it should contain the general nature of your request for example : "Requesting banner for my forum"

Note that requests with invalid or non-explicit titles will be locked or deleted. Also, if you put a title like "I want request NOW!" you request won't be done ; it will be locked.

2) Second if you can't explain clearly what your end product must look like it is recommended you use the graphics commander available here :

Code:
Nature of the creation : YOUR INFOS HERE
Creation size (in pixels) : YOUR INFOS HERE
With or without animation : YOUR INFOS HERE (precise the kind of animation you want)
Background color : YOUR INFOS HERE
Picture(s) link(s) : YOUR INFOS HERE
Text to insert : YOUR INFOS HERE
Link to the font to download : YOUR INFOS HERE
Font color : YOUR INFOS HERE
Link of my niceboard forum : YOUR INFOS HERE
Extra comments : YOUR INFOS HERE

This graphics commander will give you something like that :

Nature of the creation : Affiliate button
Creation size (in pixels) : 88*31
With or without animation : Without animation please
Background color : Blue
Picture(s) link(s) : Click here
Text to insert : help.forumotion.com
Link to the font to download : You can choose the font.
Font color : White
Link of my forumotion forum : help.forumotion.com
Extra comments : I don't have extra comments

All you do is fill the information.

NOTE : this is the only time you can use color or bold in your posts.

You must provide the link of you forum (which must be hosted by forumotion) if you want your request to be done)

It is advised to add exact pixel sizes (width and height) or at least an estimate to the final products size.
Same goes for color... make sure to specify clearly.

3) It is the new Graphics Staff job to do these requests so their word is FINAL!... The Graphics Staff consists of qualified GFX artists that are here to help you in your requests. The Graphics Staff are moderators in any section dealing with Graphics... whether its the hitskin forum or the request column.

4) Sizes and nature explanations

Affiliate Button 88*31 pixels

Small ad Banner 460*60 pixels

Thin Banner 500*100 pixels

Banner From 650 to 900 width and 100 to 250 height in pixels

Button 85*25 pixels
(mainly nav bar)

Button 120*40
(standard for "New Topic" "Post Reply")

Either someone can fill in the information they are asking for or design something we can all have a look at and decide if it would be a good banner for the site.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this topic.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:41 pm

How about a banner with Ronaldo Gerrard Van Persie n Robben all sitting around a Swimming Pool admiring a pretty young thing bouncing up n down on a diving board? Mutley
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Funny banner, I like it.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Just playing about trying things out - Anyone got ideas for a full time one?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Personally I dont like one that is that big. Funny though.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Bit big lol..

Try something more small but wider..

would look better imo Smile

But just offering my view lol

Good idea though, just tampering around with it..

I would say for ideas.. something like a few of the top football players etc etc.. you get the idea I'm sure Wink
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Shorter but wider is the way forward, I agree.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Banner top of page ? Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Banner top of page ? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 am

some new good pics up there - though does kind of give a Sky Sports feel about it using those four clubs.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:20 pm

huzup wrote:
some new good pics up there - though does kind of give a Sky Sports feel about it using those four clubs.

Bloody good point Huzup!

Ok everyone - if you have the skills - put together something that would be apt for the banner.

One thing I would ask thou - no showing off of teams\players with trophys.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 12:46 am

TickTok wrote:

One thing I would ask thou - no showing off of teams\players with trophys.

que the pictures of manchester city........

33 years and were still here bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:21 am

Wot u think and can you name them all?
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 am

TickTok wrote:
Wot u think and can you name them all?
No, but I wanted to commented that the new set of pics are a perfect maximum size.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 6:44 pm

I'll have a go, 6 i'm pretty confident on, 2 are a bit suss as I can't quite make the faces out.
From left to right,: Danny Blanchflower, Bryan Douglas, not sure if thats a young Peter Bonnetti, Johnny Haynes,Stanley Matthews (the first pair of footy boots and football I bought were branded as his !!) , Bobby Moore I think its meant to be (though it could be Andy Lockhead ? hard to make the face out), Roger Hunt, and finally Dennis Law.
Where these some old Football cards you used to get with tea/tobacco/sweets etc ? Happy days.
Nice touch though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:57 pm

dicanio wrote:
I'll have a go, 6 i'm pretty confident on, 2 are a bit suss as I can't quite make the faces out.
From left to right,: Danny Blanchflower, Bryan Douglas, not sure if thats a young Peter Bonnetti, Johnny Haynes,Stanley Matthews (the first pair of footy boots and football I bought were branded as his !!) , Bobby Moore I think its meant to be (though it could be Andy Lockhead ? hard to make the face out), Roger Hunt, and finally Dennis Law.
Where these some old Football cards you used to get with tea/tobacco/sweets etc ? Happy days.
Nice touch though. Very Happy

Full Marks Sir! 100%

They are Trade cards given out by a company called Fleetway in the 1960's

Cartophily is a hobby of mine - did have close to 50'000 cards - slowly been selling them off over the past decade, but still have my Fav's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Well done Tick good trip down memory lane, gotta say as well them are proper footy kits when men were men!! None of this designer malarky of the current vogue Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banner top of page ?   Banner top of page ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Banner top of page ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Talk-Football :: Welcome to Talk-Football :: Announcements-
Jump to: