Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 am

What a complete and utter twathead

Drop the twat now - get someone in who puts the team first before the media spotlight on himself.

PATHETIC
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Oh no - Spotlight back on me please - I am your best batsman - only 50-50 for the test match - please look at me - I play for you long time after Freddie gone.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:22 pm

The timing is bang out of order from freddy, Aggers was on 5 live making that point. He said himself that the Ashes series is bgger than any one player so callng his retirement now after one test match is a bit stupid.

As for his retirement, no really a surprise, his knee is finished and that's why Strauss can't open with him or bowl him longer than 5 overs in any one spell. He's a big heavy bloke and I'm guessing it takes it's toll. A world class bowler and an overrated batsman (though has found his spot now).
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:12 pm

I don't get the hatred for him, alot of people on the rovers boards are pissed off.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the strain of playing five consecutive days of cricket would be greater than playing a one day game (where he only has to bowl 10 overs) then having time off before playing again. The common sense decision is to quit the Test side so at least he will be available to play for the national team in some form of the game, the other option would be to quit altogether. To suggest he's shown no pride in representing his country is, frankly, obscene. Does nobody believe he's not actually injured, or something?
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:28 pm

I don't think it's hatred (well I hope not anyway). The point most critics are making is to do with the timing, no one is doubting injury as the bowling attack is suffering because of it. This man carries the England bowling attack and is the go to bowler when the rest show how average they really are in real cricket. He could walk into any attack in the world. It's not hatred of him it's his poor sense of timing to announce his retirement, he is the biggest personality in the team and he knows it. During the middle of an ashes series is not the time for him to announce he is going to retire.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:31 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
I don't get the hatred for him, alot of people on the rovers boards are pissed off.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the strain of playing five consecutive days of cricket would be greater than playing a one day game (where he only has to bowl 10 overs) then having time off before playing again. The common sense decision is to quit the Test side so at least he will be available to play for the national team in some form of the game, the other option would be to quit altogether. To suggest he's shown no pride in representing his country is, frankly, obscene. Does nobody believe he's not actually injured, or something?

Josh - Its the timing of his announcement - Completely wrong and if I was a selector - I would drop him for the rest of the series.

Quite frankly he is over rated as a all rounder - nothing compared to Botham - and the way he bowled in Wales suggests he has very little left to offer any form of international cricket.

Granted he could take a few wickets at Lords - but as I have said - it would be tat ta from me to him if I was picking 11.

The way the wicketkeeper bats - he is like a allrounder.

Huzup, are there any young talented Englishman that can bat n bowl in county cricket just now?
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Fair enough with the timing, but who knows.. it could work to his favor, and ours!

I mean his last series, just about everyone that has anything to do with English test cricket, and everyone that watches it.. is gonna be wanting him to do great! Freddie himself knowing that this is his last test, and everyone will be behind him... will be trying even more than he usually does? Surely? What better way to go out of Test cricket, than to help your country win the Ashes back!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:21 pm

TickTok wrote:

Huzup, are there any young talented Englishman that can bat n bowl in county cricket just now?

In terms of a replacement or someone who could do a job at 6/7 - the England selctors would like Broad to do it, but as you have already mentioned there are doubts about his attitude and understanding of test cricket and how to bowl in certain circumstances. He used to be an opening batsman and alot of his strokes show his ability and technique are right and with work he really could do a good job as a batsman. Young cricketers need coaching and he is one that definitely needs it.

As for county cricket - there's alot of ok players, but the standard is poor and whether they can make the jump to internationl cricket is for the ECB to look into.
There is a promising 21 year old called Tom Parsons (Essex I think but dont quote me on that) - 22 years old, Aussie born Englishman very raw talent and someone for the future. Lancashire have Steven Mullaney, played for Eng U19 in the U19 cricket world cup in 06 (Sri Lanka), Northants have got 3 good English youngsters, all under 25, Surrey have Spriegel and Jordan, again very young, these guys are mostly all Uni boys who have been given a chance at county level, there's countless guys in this category but County cricket is poor and only good to watch when the England are not playing internationals. Pump more money in or let more international players play.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Well I hope they blood someone new - someone who does not feel he cant last a test or two
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 pm

huzup wrote:

There is a promising 21 year old called Tom Parsons (Essex I think but dont quote me on that) - 22 years old, Aussie born Englishman very raw talent and someone for the future. .

Wow, not the same Tom Parsons that went to Loughborough University and lived in my hall for 2 years!!! I happen to be very good friends with this one.

Hampshire I think, is where he was...of course Kent first. Top wicket taker in the 2nd XI league as well before leaving Kent.

Never knew he was such a prospect. Cant bat for toffee though.

I think to strengthen county cricket, they somehow need to work it so that there is time for the international players to be playing at county level, for every game. Perhaps a shorter season?
The problem is, that the top players are not playing in the county championship and this is where the gulf in class comes. Its no surprise that overseas players come over and play, and excel, in the English game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes   Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes Empty

Back to top Go down

Twathead annouces retirement in middle of Ashes
Page 1 of 1