Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beckham out of the World Cup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Beckham out of the World Cup Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Beckham out of the World Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Beckham out of the World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Beckham out of the World Cup   Beckham out of the World Cup EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Beckham could be Out of the World Cup after rupturing his Achilles tendon today against Chievo.

Didn't think he would start for England at the World Cup but his crossing ability would have been useful the last 15-20 minutes if England needed a goal.

So who does Capello pick on the right now? Lennon if he is healthy might be the starter but he's been out awhile and they have no idea when he will be back. SWP and Walcott have pace and very little else. Maybe Bentley or Downing if he plays on the right.

Maybe you put Milner in the middle or Hargreaves if he ever gets healthy and move Gerrard out right?
Will Beckham's absence open up room for Ashley Young?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Beckham out of the World Cup Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Beckham out of the World Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Beckham out of the World Cup   Beckham out of the World Cup EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm

I heard, Since Beckham wrapped a Green n Yellow scarf around his neck walking off the Theatre of Debts pitch the other night, the Glazer brothers have been sticking pins in a Beckham toy doll they bought at a car boot sale in Los Angles.

Thing is, most of the pins went in his ass, not his ankle!

-------------------------------------------

Seriously - I think he would have gone - I doubt I would have taken him if Lennon proves his fitness. I am not sold on the ex Southampton boy and SWP isnt a International footballer - If the manager wanted a like for like replacement - I would say David Bentley would be right - he does cross a ball from deep like Beckham.

I like Ashley Young best out of all the wide players - He would make my squad even before the Beckham injury.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
Beckham out of the World Cup Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Beckham out of the World Cup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Beckham out of the World Cup   Beckham out of the World Cup EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

I would not wish that injury on anyone, as i suffered the exact same injury in the early part of my playing career. It is a horrific pain!

Regarding his place in the team, i cant say im too disappointed.
I would pick Milner, wright phillips, young, bentley, lennon all ahead of beckham.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beckham out of the World Cup   Beckham out of the World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

Beckham out of the World Cup
Page 1 of 1