Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Number of posts : 674
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-30

Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Empty
PostSubject: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 pm

good performance. could have been about 6 or 7
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 am

Man City 3-1?
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 am

Redcanuck wrote:
Man City 3-1?

He is referring to the number of City players on the pitch.

Kinda tells you how bad England are, although the boy Johnson who I knew about when he was away on loan at bloody Watford n being kept out of Middlesbro team by Downing is an outstanding talent & one my club have decided isnt as good as Kakuta.

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Was a half decent performance, but some of the players on show for England I rate just short of abysmal.

Lescott, Barry, SWP are in the "oh dear god" category and I dont think City fans have anything to brag about there. Adam Johnsen looks like he might be top quality, and it was nice (or not) to see Joe Hart follow in the footsteps of many England keepers before him. Seems as though he is warming himself up nicely for that one momentous shocker that will end his international career.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue20 / 99920 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm

abcdef wrote:

Barry are in the "oh dear god" category and I dont think City fans have anything to brag about there.

Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:52 am

Barry is an average player if that and should be no where near the England team. If Hargreaves ever gets healthy, Barry is finished as an International. With Milner at City it can't be long before Barry is sitting on the the City bench.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy2890

dannyboy2890

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 am

barry has been one of, if not our best player this season, in my opinion.
thought he looked good with gerrard last night.

a few city fans i speak to all slag off barry, but hes absolutely superb at what he does. first name on the team sheet!
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I have liked Johnson for a while now, loving the fact he's getting game time. Him and Hart are the main 2 that need to be in the England team.. rest are a bit iffy
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Barry is slow and a very poor international player. To say he was the best player for England is either rubbish, or seeks to underline how poor this current England side is.

Considering his price tag and your apparent defence of him Dan, there must be something about him City see, that the rest of us do not.

I agree Hargreaves is better in that position, but that might just be biased. I dont think he will ever return to be a fully playing top level football though. Shame, £18m wasted.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

In my opinion, Barry is Capello's fav player and probably sees alot of himself in the way Barry plays. Capello was a slow midfielder who could knit things well together, rarely giving the ball away.

I dont think Barry is international class, far too slow poor tackling but he does distribute the ball well.

Thats not saying much mind - very few of them are international class and after 2 games against sides who wernt the best, people are falling into the same traps again thinking our players are better than they actully are.

City have done very well picking up a number of former England squad players who are getting a bit of air cause of injuries to others.

SWP & Lescott are laughable at that level, & as we saw with the former in the Champions league at Chelsea, he is a lifetime away from that higher level.

The Goalie could be a position holder for a long time - mainly cause the rest of them are pants.

I have been talking up Johnson before anyone else here so you know where I stand on him, which leaves Milner who is a jack of many positions and master of none.

Of the six how many would get in my starting 11?

Two - The Goalie and Johnson for Gerrard, unless he can play the holding role like a real professional.

Of course, if Hargreaves was fit - Nice space on the bench for Gerrard.

Lescott SWP Barry would not make the squad, Milner would be back to a squad member.

However, I would try n get to the bottom of whats going on with Richards at Man City as I think he should be Englands Right Back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland    Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland  Empty

Back to top Go down

Manchester City 3 - 1 Switzerland
Page 1 of 1