Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hull City

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Hull City   Hull City EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 pm

My local team Hull City seem to be on a bit on a good run at the moment and currently sit 3rd in the Championship. I think that they may have a good chance of getting promoted this season, but i think it will most likely to be in the play-offs. Would like to know other members opinions on Hull at the moment..?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Hull City Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Hull City Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 am

Largest City in England who have never had top division football.

P GD PTS
1 Stoke 40 12 68
2 Bristol City 40 1 67
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Hull 40 15 65
4 Watford 39 14 65
5 West Brom 38 26 63

Good 5 team race for the title. Anyone of them could finish in the top two and get automatic promotion so why not Hull. The Man United loanee Campbell is doing a great job there. But this could go down to the wire. Should interesting.
Back to top Go down

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 pm

They are a team who's results I do look for, I went to see Hull a couple of times years ago (Chris Chilton,Ken Houghton era) the last time they had an opportunity of getting into the top league.
More recently one of my eldest sons friends is currently on their junior team roster, plus there's a tenuous link with Nick Barmby.

Hope they do go up or @ very least have a good run in the play offs, they are in form @ present. Plus it would be great to see Dean Windass having a stint in the premier league, a player who has scored goals @ whatever club he has played for at whatever level, and as I've often spouted, is a character on and off the field and football needs characters, earthy, bit wacky guys who wear their hearts on their sleeve.

If they did go up they would more than likely come straight back down such is the nature of promotion/relegation as it stands, even so good luck to Hull & Dean Windass hope it happens for them.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Hull City Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Hull City Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 12:07 am

I have to say I havent been following the championship as much as I would like. I understand the standard is very low this season compared to others and there are those who say it dont matter who comes up, they will all go straight back down.

Hull have really suprized me and I wonder if their football resembles Boltons as i believe the manager is the former assistant to Big Sam.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Hull City Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Hull City Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:40 pm

Watched the Bristol City/Crystal Place game today. It was wide open attacking game. The skill level is not as good as the Premier but it made for interesting football. I imagine they will be rocking in Bristol tonight, the atmosphere in stadium was great and two goals in extra time one for Bristol City. Now it's on to Wembley for the first time since 1909 ( I think Dicanio was there)

I have a feeling that it will be Hull that wins at Wembley providing they hold serve at home to Watford, but you never know.
Back to top Go down

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City EmptySat May 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Oh Deano! Hull go up, Red your home town team will be playing the team you support next season - divided loyalties I'm sure - what a great goal to decide it, great break away, good vision and pass from campbell, superb volleyed finish from Windass (who else it had to be!).
So pleased for Hull regardless of what happens, enjoy the moment, even more pleased for Deano, great pro, character and 39 to boot - wrinklies rule!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hull City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull City   Hull City Empty

Back to top Go down

Hull City
Page 1 of 1