Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England v Swizterland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
England v Swizterland  Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England v Swizterland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

England v Swizterland  Empty
PostSubject: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Nice goal by Kane to put England up 1-0.    Penalty to England  The Rooney moment.

Great Penalty by Rooney  Blast in The top corner.  Well done England's top scorer
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England v Swizterland  Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England v Swizterland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Happy for Rooney ~ Very well deserved ~ Crap game, again ~ Really low standard.

Smalling made MOM by Glenn Hoddle scratch

If a defender is made MOM against weak opposition ~ Really says it all.

2 competition games to go, does the manager blood youngsters or try and go through the group without losing a point?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

England v Swizterland  Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England v Swizterland  Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:08 pm

I think they should blood they kids. Give they they experience that will be useful if they are needed in the Euros. Would make some of they clubs happy if they likes of Rooney, Kanr, Hart and Cahill get are rest from they internationals.

Some I expect that They FA will want England to win all 10 games and rest nobody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Aren't they blooding the kids anyway?  The team seems to have a pile of youngsters.  What kids should have a kick?

Here are the goals.

Kane

Rooney

Penalty call on Sterling
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England v Swizterland  Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England v Swizterland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Busby wrote:
Aren't they blooding the kids anyway?  The team seems to have a pile of youngsters.  What kids should have a kick?

That's a really good point Busby.... Not sure who to suggest other than the new Stoke Goalkeeper who seems to get great reviews each time he walks off the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

TickTok wrote:
Busby wrote:

That's a really good point Busby.... Not sure who to suggest other than the new Stoke Goalkeeper who seems to get great reviews each time he walks off the pitch.

Its a tough one for sure. I like the look of James Ward-Prowse when I've seen him out for Southampton. Excellent striker of the ball, which is something we've lacked on set pieces since Mr. Beckham called it quits. The likes of James Wilson, Jordan Ibe, Ruben L-C and even Calum Chambers are probably a year or two away.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:02 pm

I was thinking maybe some of the under 21 team.  Not that any of the are ready yet, but come the next World Cup the experience in the last two dead rubber games could come in handy.

James Ward-Prowse  looked good for Southampton last season and could give Wilshire competition for the holding midfield role.

Carl Jenkinson, and Luke Garbutt might warrent a chance at the back. It would give them experience if the make the 2018 team, likely as back ups.

Nathan Redmond is having a good start to the season at Norwich and Wil Hughes of Derby  is highly thought of and believed to be ready for a bigger club.

It mabe also worth It to give Jack Grealish a cap if England want to the him down.

Like I said none of them would be on the plane for France next summer, but experience on the bigger stage can't hurt.

Last edited by Redcanuck on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England v Swizterland  Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England v Swizterland  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:04 pm

We have a hell of a lot of players who 6-7/10s. A lot of average to good, but very few top drawer players. Rooney is the best of the bunch in my opinion in terms of quality, but he is still a 9/10 at best (if not an 8 ) and he struggles with the fact that his club and country do not utilise him correctly.

Rooney is still playing number 9, because of his ability to be explosive - with pace and power to beat opponents and score goals. He lost this ability 3 or 4 years ago. He has adapted his game to drop between the lines, pick up the ball, link attacks and he is one hell of a passer - but unfortunately, he still plays at no9.

I dont think we need to give opportunities to any new players, we have enough exposed, but I am waiting for a group of the following to put their hand up - Barkley, Ox, Sterling, Townsend, Walcott, Shelvey, Henderson, Milner, Kane, Vardy, Wilshere etc etc. All have had a chance, but no one has secured a guaranteed starting spot.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:18 am

I have been impressed with Barkley in these two games. Running the show and scored a nice goal today. Looks like he has bulked up to me.

Perhaps Everton we have to fend off interest from the big boys again come January.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England v Swizterland    England v Swizterland  Empty

Back to top Go down

England v Swizterland
Page 1 of 1