Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tight race in the Championship.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Tight race in the Championship. Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Tight race in the Championship. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Tight race in the Championship. Empty
PostSubject: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:03 am

With about 1/3 of the season in the books, there is a three way tie at the top and two other teams a point behind. Don't get to see any Championship football but it looks like one hell of a race. Would be nice to see some of the old first division clubs back in the Premier.
Back to top Go down
Milt

Milt

Number of posts : 626
Tight race in the Championship. Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Tight race in the Championship. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:46 am

Of the five, it might be fun to see Brighton and Hove Albion back in it.
They had a decent team back in the early 80's. Yernited beat them in an FA cup final.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Tight race in the Championship. Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Tight race in the Championship. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 2:50 am

I fancy Burnley, Brighton tend to draw too many games. Middlesborough looks good as well. Personally I would like to see Wednesday back in the Premier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
I fancy Burnley, Brighton tend to draw too many games. Middlesborough looks good as well.   Personally I would like to see Wednesday back in the Premier.

Same red. For me it's Middlesbrough and Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Busby wrote:
Redcanuck wrote:
I fancy Burnley, Brighton tend to draw too many games. Middlesborough looks good as well.   Personally I would like to see Wednesday back in the Premier.

Same red.  For me it's Middlesbrough and Wednesday.  

I think we jinxed both of them Busby, Wednesday's first loss in 12 games and Middlesborough lose a top of the table battle with Hull.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Tight race in the Championship. Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Tight race in the Championship. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Well it seems the Championship has started slightly early this season with their sackings.

10 Days into November and 4 managers find themselves out of work in thr space of 7 days.

Chris Powell - Huddersfield
Chris Ramsey - QPR
Kit Symons - Fulham
Gary Bowyer - Blackburn

All have suffered poor starts to the season and only today's sacking of Bowyer surprises me.

One would expect all positions to be filled by the time the players return from International break.

I wonder if Brendon Rodgers would be considered for either of the London jobs?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:39 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
Busby wrote:
Redcanuck wrote:

Same red.  For me it's Middlesbrough and Wednesday.  

I think we jinxed both of them Busby,  Wednesday's first loss in 12 games and Middlesborough lose a top of the table battle with Hull.

Looks that way. M'boro looked really good versus us, even though we squandered some good chances. They looks better than Chelsea thus far anyway!
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Teams are quick to fire the manager when they hit a bad patch.  Big money on offer if they make into the Premier. With the parachute payments they don't really have stay up to tap into the riches of the Premier.

You would have thought that Blackburn being banned from buying any players during the last two windows would have bought Bowyer some time.

QPR and Fulham must have thought that they would go straight back up, so being in the lower half of the table must have shocked the owners.  They aren't that far out of the play off spots and have 2/3 of the season to turn it around.  But both these teams have under performed big time this year so something must be wrong with the relationship between the ex managers and the players.

Huddersfield aren't having a good season being down close to relegation spots, but I am not sure what the owners expected.  Huddersfield has risen through the leagues the last few years and was in League Two or Division Three 12 years ago. It took them 10 years to go up to the next level in the Championship.

For a town it's size and the money behind them, Huddersfield is doing well to be mid table in the Championship.  It has been a long time since they won three First Division titles on the trot.  Again I don't know the whole story in getting rid of the manager, but maybe the owners are dreaming about going up to the Premier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tight race in the Championship.   Tight race in the Championship. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tight race in the Championship.
Page 1 of 1