Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Championship Playoff Final

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Championship Playoff Final Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Championship Playoff Final Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

Championship Playoff Final Empty
PostSubject: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Well.. its Sheffield United against Burnley.

Who can you all see winning?

Burnley, being Blackburn's rivals.. i dont really want too come up and do great.. as much as i would love the 2 derby's.. but the thought, of getting beat of them IF they came up.. i don't know what i would do!

For those of you that don't know Blackburn or Burnley well.. it is a huge rivalry lol.. :/

A few of my friends are Burnley fans.. so im getting it all night now, on about Wembley lol

Who do you lot think will win the final?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Championship Playoff Final Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Championship Playoff Final Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Sheffield United has been a lot of people's favourite to go up. Most of my cousins in Sheffield are Wednesday fans and are probably dreading Sheffield United going up.

Sheffield United are on tear one loss in their last 16 games against Championship opposition. But that loss was at Burnley and Burnley also beat United earlier in the year at Bramall lane. With Burnley only losing twice in the last twenty games you have to teams that are in form. Should make for a great final.

Bookies have United as a slight favourite and I think they have it spot on and Sheffield United will be back in the Premier next year.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Championship Playoff Final Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Championship Playoff Final Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Don't take the dingles likely though, they are in the form of their lives.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Championship Playoff Final Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Championship Playoff Final Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:37 pm

Sheff Utd - They have been very strong late part of the season - those Burnley boys have played alot of games - but one thing in their favor is that big pitch cause they have alot of good ball players.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Was driving around with my mate last night, as he has just recently passed, so it was just a random drive. And we drove past Burnleys ground, stopped for a bit started talking to some people we knew. And there were a dozen or so tents there at 2 in the morning, tickets went on sale at ten in the morning Rolling Eyes Laughing

I love it though, how all the dingle b****rds now all support Burnley instead of United , Chelsea or Liverpool, Or even Arsenal. Mad
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Championship Playoff Final Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Championship Playoff Final Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Well done to Burnley. Thought they deserved it on the day. The Burnley defenders cleared or blocked everything that came their way. Sheffield United never tested the Burnley keeper Jensen. Burnley caught Sheffield United on the counter and would have had a couple more goals if their strikers were more clinical in front of goal.

Sheffield United had a couple shouts for penalties and a couple for free kicks on the edge of the box, but Mike Dean waved them all away. What with the sending off Ward no calls today went Sheffield United's way. I though Dean got the calls right today, the penalty decisions were close but they would have been harsh on Burnley if penalties had been awarded. Jamie Ward did stick his hand out twice and they were deliberate hand balls, Dean had no choice in giving the two yellows.

However, usually you get 1 or 2 of the 50/50 decisions and you wonder if Sheffield United criticising the appointment of Mike Dean as referee, in the build-up to the match, had anything to do with Dean ruling against them on all the close decisions?

It's good to see an old famous club like Burnley back in the top division, I don't know how they will prosper, but that's for another day. Today is the time for congratulations to Burnley for making it to the Premier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoff Final   Championship Playoff Final Empty

Back to top Go down

Championship Playoff Final
Page 1 of 1