Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Report Week 4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Fantasy League Report Week 4 Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Fantasy League Report Week 4 Week_410

Week 4 of the Talk-Footy Fantasy Football league has had as many shocks as the actual Premiership this past weekend.

We have a team using their wild card already a new member to our league and a up to now quiet manager pulling off one of the most dynamic transfers of the season up to now.

First of all we welcome Sharples FC to our Fantasy League. Manager is Josh, better known to us as JoshBrfc at the board. Sharples FC have had a slow start to the season, but gained strong points this week and will soon be fighting to leap off the basement. More on their good week later.

Leading manager and the guy with probably the most experience at Fantasy Leagues, Red (United 4ever) used up his wild card before week 4 making nine changes to his squad. Its a bit of a shock, but as we all know Red is a manager who knows what he is doing it gonna be interesting to see how United 4ever fair over the coming weeks.

The manager of SpiderPig XI pulled off some wonderful moves in the transfer market. Up to the time of writing his SpiderPig's had amassed over 50 points for the week and still have one player in the Monday night game to add to their total. The Spotlight will be on the SpiderPigs later.

At the top the table we have InjuryFreeSeason who have had a good week again thanks to their 2nd Hat-Trick of the season, this time from Adebayor of Arsenal. 17 points from him aided by a bonus of 3 points coupled with captain Lampard scoring again to double up his points, brought another 18 points.

Simplemen manager was quick to let us all know he had forgotten to update his team, but had a nice slice of luck as that meant he didn’t have the chance to remove Lampard from his captaincy allowing him to keep the 18 points he scored this week. At the time of writing this I think I have worked out that the Simplemen will have 2 Villa players to come in off their bench to add to their week 4 total of 37.

As I have already reported United 4ever have played their wild card this week and suddenly they have 3 players from the Champions in their squad. It must be also reported that this manager showed a touch of class by getting a deal done for Zaki early and has since seen his price rise by .2 million without kicking a ball. Out has gone the Tottenham core with only Bentley surviving, but with the Champions having a bad weekend at Anfield, United 4ever are only showing a points total of 24 at the time of writing this. However, with 3 key players to count in the Monday nights game Red's total for the weekend could double by 10pm tonight.

Holding onto 4th place after a quite week is ZingoBingo who's manager took a huge gamble this week. The selling of Adebayor and replacing him with Owen of Newcastle when that said club were home to new boys Hull City would at first strike one as a good positive move. Making Owen Captain, the manager was hoping to cash in on the leaky defence Wigan found at Hull in their last fixture. Alas for ZingoBingo things didn’t work out as planned with Adebayor scoring a Hat-trick and Owen failing to get the Hull keeper to get the ball out of the net. I can report that the ZingoBingo manager was not the only one thinking of selling Adebayor this week, as a source of the writer of these words confirms the manager of InjuryFreeSeason had Adebayor pencilled out as sold up to 1am Saturday morning. Anyway, Lampard saved the day with 9 great points and with 3 Villa players to add to ZingoBingo's total tonight, it may well look more respectable by the final whistle. It must be said that ZingoBingo have a lot of money left over in the bank and it must be put to good use this week.

In what might be seen in some quarters as the masterstroke transfer of the season so far, Spiderpig XI sold Torres of Liverpool cause he was said to be injured and replaced him with Adebayor who promptly went out and scored a Hat-Trick at Blackburn. 17 glorious points at the click of a button were just the start of SpiderPig's excellent week. Pompey star and SpiderPig captain Defoe, scored twice picked up a 3 point bonus and a disappointing yellow card to bring a massive 24 points to the weekly total. There was still time for another of this managers transfer moves to add to the total when Malbranque of Sunderland set up their goal to bring assist points to his tally. With Melchiot's points to be added because Dempsey didn’t play and 2 Villa players to perform in the Monday night game still to offer up points to the SpiderPig's total, they have every chance to be the weeks top scorers and strengthen their jump up the table of 3 places!

Conservatives manager is another who was busy in the Transfer market this past week. 4 transfers with the early move for Zaki at the lower price being the high point, but the sale of Adebayor for Defoe cancelled each other out and signing Nasri who never played for Arsenal was a bit of bad luck. The loss of Nasri will be replaced by Carew tonight off the Conservatives bench so all is not lost there. Good points from Arteta Defoe and Zaki were hit by the minus points Vidic got for being sent off at Anfield. This manager has now made 10 transfers which have cost his points total at least 24 points. Its a good squad and I expect much bigger weekly totals in the future if the manager can keep off the transfer button.

In 7th place we have the dropping K-Class who have had a quiet week so far. K-Class are now thick on Villa and Everton players after some shrewd moves in the Transfer market and one of that number, Yakubu gave his first goal return this past weekend. That goal and the 2 assists that Arteta made for Everton were the 2 main points scorers for K-Class up to the time of writing, but with Villa still to play... its fingers crossed on a huge injection of points from those 3 players...I predict 10 points.

ABCDE FC have a points total for the week of 27 up to the time of writing this report, but have Luke Young playing tonight plus Rory Delaps points to be added as Torres didn’t play. The manager of ABCDE FC made a couple of very interesting moves this week including moving 2 players from the Champions to the bench for the trip to Anfield. Schwarzer over Van der Sar in goal turned out to be the right move and Evra only getting 1 point at Anfield means the manager was right in both moves. Well done! With Sharples FC chasing ABCDE FC n others since joining the league its making these managers work that bit harder to stay afloat from the bottom.

New boys Sharples FC have had a good week up to the time of writing with 40 points plus 2 players in the Monday night game to still contribute to their weekly total. Running my eyes quickly over this managers team I spy a very strong front line with Adebayor obviously having a top week with a Hat-trick. Slightly puzzled why Fabregas didn’t make the starting line up, but on the whole this looks a solid team that will get good points over the coming weeks putting a lot of pressure on the other clubs around it. There have been a lot of transfer activity too and I think this manager is another who has just used his wild card for the season?

Spotlight Falls on SpiderPig XI

There is no doubt we have chosen the right week to drop our spotlight on the SpiderPig XI. This has been their best week with the manager making some sublime moves in the transfer market to launch his team up the table with a real chance of moving further up the table if this form continues.

Starting off with James of Pompy in goal the manager decided to change that after a week and go for Freidel of Villa freeing up .5 of a million. Al-Habsi is the reserve keeper.

The adding of Bosingwa to SpiderPig's defence this last week made both Chelsea's newly free to attack full backs into this managers starting line up. I think that’s a shrewd move & should be a points grabber. Rio of Manchester United should help with clean sheet points and Melchiot of Wigan is an every game player who should also contribute points from time to time. Meite of West Brom is the cheap defender who makes up the 5.

The Midfield is probably the weakest part of the SpiderPigs. Young of Villa and New signing Malbranque of Sunderland are the plus points of the midfield. Downing is a hit or miss player, but has a knack of popping up with a goal or assist. De Ridder seems to be on the fringe of things at Wigan as they have a lot of midfielders and the writer of these words has too suffered from Steve Bruce preference midfielders to get air time. Dempsey of Fulham who last season was one of the highest scoring cheap midfielders has been almost frozen out at his club as they have improved personnel all over the pitch. I think if this manager can work another miracle this week in the transfer market with these midfielders, it would be a wonderful shot in the arm for the SpiderPigs two weeks running.

Up front they have 3 top forwards including the fresh signing of 17 points grabber Adebayor. Hat-trick scoring Adebayor Blackburns very own Santa and Pompeys on fire Defoe makes a very potent strike force for the Spiderpig's. All three have games this coming weekend against teams that have leaky defences so I would expect another strong showing this round of games.

With 1.3 million in the bank it will be interesting to see if this manager resists the temptation to take Torres back and use that bank money to add to the sale of a couple of midfielders to gain more points grabbing strength in his midfield.

Monday Night Game

These are the points won from tonights game.... bonus points are still to be made.

InjuryFreeSeason 6
Simplemen 8
United 4ever 9
ZingoBingo 10
SpiderPig XI 6
Conservative 3
K-Class 12
ABCDE FC 2
Sharples FC 2
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:59 pm

not sure how I missed this thread.
Credit goes to tick for motivating me into not being a total loser on this.
I hate using my wildcard and was brave enough to make 3 changes and take the loss of 8 points. I was 90% certain Torres wasnt going to play and Agger is out of favour with Rafa at the minute, so I had to get a good replacement striker and a defender from the big 4. I thought we would concede v Utd so opted for another Chelsea fullback. I still need some help in making my midfield stronger, though I'm happy with A. Young, I chose Downing as I'm sure someone said you should try and get the best players from midtable teams - and though Downing may not be the "best" as such - he does pop up with a lot of points. I took Dempsey on last years recommendation and I have no idea why I picked Malbranque but that did pay off.
Can I keep this going? - Liverpool have stoke, and Arsenal are away to Bolton - I'm not sure I can resist keeping Torres out this week, it depends on how I feel on Friday. West Ham at home to Newcastle is tempting me to get a hammer in, and the mouthwatering tie that is Chelsea v Utd is making me uncomfortable having 2 Chelsea defenders, but the way they are playing they might get me assissts. If I am to take this a bit more seriously than I have done, I also need to get one Gerrard and Lampard into my midfield, at the expense of one of my defenders or possibly Santa Cruz - but then he's at home to Fulham this week.
Decisions decisions.
Thanks to tick for reminding me - all the changes were last minute ones after you reminded me late on,lol.
Well - atleast I know it feels goodto do well in this,lol - makes up for countless seasons of giving up after Gameweek 1.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 am

huzup wrote:
the mouthwatering tie that is Chelsea v Utd is making me uncomfortable having 2 Chelsea defenders, but the way they are playing they might get me assissts.

We have scored 4 goals in 6 games this season and have played about as well as Spurs. Now up against the meanest defence in the league.....
I can tell you, my Utd players wont be in my squad this weekend...
Although thats mainly due to my win win mentality. If we win and keep a clean sheet and I miss VDS and Evras points, I wont care, cos we beat chelsea. If they keep the obbvious clean sheet against us and muller us, I dont lose points!!! Cant lose.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Great thread by the way mate! can't believe i aint looked here before!!

Regarding my team, Cesc was on the bench because i used my wildcard this week, but forgot to sort my starting 11 out.. lol

I am hoping too get much better than i have been so far this season, obviously i want to win it Wink

Long way too go though if i want to get anywhere near the top.. lol

My start too the season has been awful, was really good at this last year,, but i just aint been tryng that much this year.

I'm determined too try more with this and climb the foot of the table!!

Very Happy

Great post btw mate, made a pretty good read lol
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Tick, you legend.. haha Laughing
The fantasy footy reminder Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Well, Ive changed my team...again.

Making it 26 transfers ive made now lol

Losing me around 20 points

Gambled and got Ronaldo in the team, and strengthened the subs

i look forward to making another 5 changes after i do crap this week lol
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Laughing Laughing

Yeah, tell me about it , i made a lot of transfers so far.. was thinking about bringing in ronaldo myself, but went against the idea, i just cant be bothered changing my team round again.,
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 pm

I have seemed to have lost the plot this month. Bad month so far and I don't expect the next couple of weeks to be much better. Already used my wildcard and in the next two weeks I need to make another 5 transfers to get my team in somewhat decent shape. So that will be a 12 point hit in the transfers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Apart from my transfers in the first week, and the week where i used my wildcard

All my transfers have been with 0 point deduction
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 4:35 pm

I have to ay I am pleased there have been some replies to this thread.

I was getting worried when it went a couple of days without a word of answer lol.

It takes me quite a while to write it up and when I saw no1 was answering I thought I may have offended a few lol.

Cheers for the nice weds guys..... good luck to all this weekend.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Report Week 4 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Who is in the spotlight this week and how do you decide? Is it just a team you a) havent commented on and b) they do well on that given week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 4   Fantasy League Report Week 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Report Week 4
Page 1 of 1