Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mummy said your not allowed to play with me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Empty
PostSubject: Mummy said your not allowed to play with me   Mummy said your not allowed to play with me EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Former England wicket keeper Alec Stuart, England managing director Hugh Morris and national selector Geoff Miller have all voiced concerns over the signing of Austrlain batting opener Phillip Hughes by Middlesex and Australian opening bowler Stuart Clark by Kent - as they believe English county clubs should not help the Australian get match practice before the Ashes this summer.

And Stewart told BBC Radio Five Live: "I'm totally against it.

"I would like to see a rule brought in which states overseas players cannot play (county matches) in our country if their side is touring that summer."

"It's disappointing to hear Kent have signed a bowler who has played in English conditions before and is just coming back to fitness," said Miller.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Mummy said your not allowed to play with me   Mummy said your not allowed to play with me EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Hmmm......judging by your title - You think he is wrong Huzup?
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Mummy said your not allowed to play with me   Mummy said your not allowed to play with me EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:12 am

I do - would you like the FA to say you can have no foreign players in your Chelsea side in World Cup and Euro years?

I know that's a poor comparison and an obvious one but thats how it seems - I mean your only allowed two foreign players anyway, and this fuss is only being kicked up becuase its Austrlaians.

For me its the England elite looking for excuses because we are set to fail miserably in yet another Ashes series - might as well as look for the excuses early and say "I told you so".
Hughes is fresh from first class cricket and has had two blinders vs South Africa and Clark is only just recovering from a 6 month lay off, so the two players being named is a low blow anyway.

In cricket their is a tendency in all countries that first class cricket is to blood that nations young talent, whereas in football clubs dont seem to carry that responsibility - whether they should is a debate for another day, but to then say we shouldnt give Austrlians practice pre an Ashes series because it might get them in to some form is almost petulant.
------------
To be fair the only other people sharing this view are Kent and Middlesex,lol - if Ricky Ponting said he'd play I'm sure everyone would be chomping at the bit to get him for the first part of the season.

I see straws and people clutching...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mummy said your not allowed to play with me   Mummy said your not allowed to play with me Empty

Back to top Go down

Mummy said your not allowed to play with me
Page 1 of 1