Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England scrap 2-1 win

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England scrap 2-1 win Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England scrap 2-1 win Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

England scrap 2-1 win Empty
PostSubject: England scrap 2-1 win   England scrap 2-1 win EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Hmmmm the man child who was telling us all a few days ago that he didnt dive - did.

He is a complete joke n watch out - FIFA might ban him lol

Our wonderful going forward right back cost us another goal cause he is as much use at defending as a sack of potato's. He wasnt helped out by that waste of Money City have over paid Everton for, who allowed a forward to run across him n get first to the ball. Its not actully his fault - its the fault of whoever has picked him to play at this level.

Defoe shoots n scores again - Cole comes on and does more in 10 mins than Heskey did all game.

Have to say its amusing watching this so called best player in the world play on the left, without a left foot. I hope I am not the only one that sees he is as much a team player as Geoff Boycott. I know you Liverpool think he is the 2nd coming of a football God - but in my opinion he does not perform anything like he does in the Red shirt. Remember, the team has been changed around so our best player is having to play in another position Gerrard couldnt hack so Gerrard has a position he is said to prefer.

Lastly - they kept saying - Can Defoe n Rooney play up front together???

Well the way Rooney finishes (Its one of the weakest parts of his game) - I cant see whats wrong with playing Heskey n Defoe up front from the start, or maybe Cole instead of Heskey.

Lastly - I am concered about our defence defending too far up the pitch. John isnt the fastest n the only reason Rio would get to play alongside him is cause of his pace. While John reads the game like Bobby Moore - football has moved on quite a few MPH since the days of the World cup god. I would like to see a quicker centre half alongside John and a Right back who does not get exposed so often.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
England scrap 2-1 win Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999England scrap 2-1 win Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

England scrap 2-1 win Empty
PostSubject: Re: England scrap 2-1 win   England scrap 2-1 win EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:50 am

Any suggestions? We seem to not have the variety of options at right back that we might have at left back. Johnson is the best we have really, unless you take a defending right back that compromises us going forward.

Personally I think Rooney glues the team together and his finishing is not the top point of his game. It is a good point you make, he does need to stick the chances away, but until last night, for England, he has been. You cant deny that! When I actually went to the Ukraine game a few months back, it was easier to see the work he does all over the pitch.

Still not set on Barry in the team, Lescott was shit in everything he did and Carrick was rubbish again. Think Upson has defended competently and is well worth the number 3 spot. Though, for all the options we seem to have at centre back, I dont see anyone crying out to take Terry or Ferdinands place.

2-1 probably wasnt a fair reflection. We were better than that, especially in the first half and made a good few chances. I expect us to lift it another level against Croatia and beat them as well.
Back to top Go down

England scrap 2-1 win
Page 1 of 1