Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Empty
PostSubject: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Firstly, what do people feel the outcome will be? And will it be tough for England to get that score-line or a walk in the park?

Also, what do people think about Heskey starting over Defoe?

- I think England will win comfortably over a weak Croatia side, 2-0 or maybe 3-0. Gerrard, Rooney and Heskey the scorers (not sure about the order the scorers though). I also think it's wise of Capello to stick with Heskey, I think it's uneccessary to change what doesn't need changing, plus the team are used to playing with him and he brings the rest of the team into play and it would appear that he is not needed to score goals either, just to let others play and create the space for others. I think Defoe is someone that should be brought on at HT if goals are needed maybe, but other than that for me, maybe 65 minutes onwards bring him on for Heskey.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Great start. We have been all over them. We look very well organized under Capello.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Good first half and I think Capello made the right right decision to pick Heskey, he has played well, but maybe should have had at least one. I have barely seen Rooney on the pitch, I think if Defoe is to come on at HT, then it should be for Rooney rather than Heskey..
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Easy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Conservative wrote:
Firstly, what do people feel the outcome will be? And will it be tough for England to get that score-line or a walk in the park?

Also, what do people think about Heskey starting over Defoe?

- I think England will win comfortably over a weak Croatia side, 2-0 or maybe 3-0. Gerrard, Rooney and Heskey the scorers (not sure about the order the scorers though). I also think it's wise of Capello to stick with Heskey, I think it's uneccessary to change what doesn't need changing, plus the team are used to playing with him and he brings the rest of the team into play and it would appear that he is not needed to score goals either, just to let others play and create the space for others. I think Defoe is someone that should be brought on at HT if goals are needed maybe, but other than that for me, maybe 65 minutes onwards bring him on for Heskey.

Will not see the game til Friday night, I know the score but can't really comment on how things went.

But to answer your question about Heskey/Defoe, I think things have been working with Heskey clearing the way for Rooney to work just behind him. Heskey is big and strong and seems to tire out the defenders and then Capello brings in Defoe with fresh legs to take advantage. Defoe is in the form of his life, but I still wouldn't start him, I am not sure whether he has the stamina to go 90 minutes and Heskey first half Defore the second half seems to be working so why change it.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 pm

It was just a great team performance tonight, its so clear as to how good and better we are under Capello. Lennon was great! Heskey was unlucky not to score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)   England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start) Empty

Back to top Go down

England vs Croatia (and Heskey to start)
Page 1 of 1