Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

England 4-0 India

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
England 4-0 India Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999England 4-0 India Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

England 4-0 India Empty
PostSubject: England 4-0 India   England 4-0 India EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

This was fun

I think England are unbeatable on home soil because of the bowling attack - they have depth like no other

The general standard of bowling across the world is average, but in the right conditions England have the most quality options.

India only ever had one seam bowler who took them to No. 1 in the world and when he (Zaheer) got injured, they were never going to take 20 wickets.

Dravid was outstanding and to be honest has always, and will always be over-shadowed by Tendulkar's presence in the team, but the class line up that India had just never got to grips with the batting conditions - and to be fair to England, they went about their batting really well - eventhough the bowling attack they were facing was poor.

Worst point of series was India's attitude a lot of the time. Unprofessional and a touch embarassing.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
England 4-0 India Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999England 4-0 India Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

England 4-0 India Empty
PostSubject: Re: England 4-0 India   England 4-0 India EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:20 pm

I have to say I have enjoyed watching England this summer. I guess it is always easier to watch a winning team than the poor displays of decades gone by. Although England are now number one in the world as far as tests go, I feel it has to be said the state of the other test sides at this time are average at best. I dont happen to think the Asian sides are taking test match cricket as the main event of International cricket these days. While the Indian board did their team no favours in the way they prepared for the English tests, their players performed way below the standard we had seen of them in the past. Old players past their best, or are England really that advanced a bowling attack?

Englands batsmen have scored freely for sometime now and are getting wonderful plaudits from most for their consistent performances.

Are they that good, or are they benefiting from a world of cricket lacking top class bowling attacks? Have a wonder at our master batsmen facing up to the West Indian attack of the 70's n 80's or a Young Magrath n Warne in tandom picking at their weaknesses.
Back to top Go down

England 4-0 India
Page 1 of 1