Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rugby World Cup

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Watched a fair bit of the England Wales match. Have to give Wales credit for never giving up and the way they kept driving at England the whole second half.

Gutsy call by England to go for the win and not settle for the easy penalty that would have tied the game up.

Question 1. Can the game end in a draw?

Question 2. With all the time spent seeing to all the injuries, mainly to Wales, why did the game end at 80 minutes, don't they add extra time for all the injuries?
Back to top Go down
Mothra

Mothra

Number of posts : 168
Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Yes, the game can end in a draw Red. The clock would have stopped for the Wales injuries. So no time to add on.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Mothra wrote:
Yes, the game can end in a draw Red. The clock would have stopped for the Wales injuries. So no time to add on.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Candy_Line_Up

Candy_Line_Up

Number of posts : 327
Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 9990 / 999Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:05 pm

I am still gutted at that Canada loss... Don't know if any of you caught the game, but what a bloody game it was. Canada threw everything at them, and at times looked the better of the two teams. We had them under massive pressure for about 12-15 minutes, but being a tier 1 side they held the line nicely and we couldn't get through. A few harsh calls against us though, but the boys fought hard right down to the whistle. Very happy with the effort and the game overall. just thought we were a little screwed on the score.

Still wondering if Canada should have went for the try instead of the 3 points at the end there....
Back to top Go down
Gooner

Gooner

Number of posts : 832

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Ah, this is where you're hanging out now?  You didn't give up your team, did you Candy?
Back to top Go down
Candy_Line_Up

Candy_Line_Up

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Gooner wrote:
Ah, this is where you're hanging out now?  You didn't give up your team, did you Candy?

Never!

This weekend was pretty busy. Wife sick, had a bad back, so it was just me to take care of the 3 year old daughter and do all the chores. got a lot of rugby in though on Saturday night after I put her to bed. Watched all 3 games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:03 pm

England crash out of the World Cup 13-33 to Australia. Not being a rugby fan a lot of my interest is gone. Though I do have a Welsh great-Granddad.

So seems that England under achieved big time, where have we heard that before.
Back to top Go down
Mothra

Mothra

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 6:09 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
England crash out of the World Cup  13-33 to Australia.  Not being a rugby fan a lot of my interest is gone.  Though I do have a Welsh great-Granddad.

So seems that England under achieved big time,  where have we heard that before.

So you could play for Wales, Canada or England!!

Big game this Saturday with Wales playing Australia. Loser plays South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 pm

[quote="Mothra"]
Redcanuck wrote:
England crash out of the World Cup  13-33 to Australia.  Not being a rugby fan a lot of my interest is gone.  Though I do have a Welsh great-Granddad.

So seems that England under achieved big time,  where have we heard that before.

So you could play for Wales, Canada or England!!

Big game this Saturday with Wales playing Australia. Loser plays South Africa.[/quote.

Doesn't the winner have an easier route to the final? Who does the winner play next.]
Back to top Go down
Candy_Line_Up

Candy_Line_Up

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

I think the winner plays 2nd place of pool B which should be Scotland... So basically Aus will get an easy route to the Semi final. Australia always seem to get the luck on their side for some reason in these World Cups. Ask Tony about a ref named Bryce Lawrence. Or just google him...
Back to top Go down
Mothra

Mothra

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Wowza, Australia get more referreing luck. Wretchedly sad for a huge effort from Scotland.
Argies v Ausies and NZ v Boks.

Should be a great weekend again. Have to believe NZ can be beaten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Mothra wrote:
Wowza, Australia get more referreing luck. Wretchedly sad for a huge effort from Scotland.
Argies v Ausies and NZ v Boks.

Should be a great weekend again. Have to believe NZ can be beaten.

Think so? Not sure who's up for that. They look untouchable as usual. This must be what women's hockey fans feel like?
Back to top Go down
Candy_Line_Up

Candy_Line_Up

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:16 am

Women's hockey.... Nice one.

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/therugbychampionship/

Check out the table on the right hand side. And I know you're just half joking about the women's hockey comment.  Smile

Anyway. Here's a little story that made me very happy today.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/usa-unveils-pro-rugby-league/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:32 pm

Of course I'm kidding.

But..."rugby is cyclical" only seems to be valid for every country but New Zealand. England absolutely shit the bed this year, for no good reason. South Africa was off peak too. This downturn never seems to happen with New Zealand.
Back to top Go down
Candy_Line_Up

Candy_Line_Up

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:09 pm

The problem is is that a downturn for the big 3 teams isn't much of a downturn. I mean SA is one right now trying to bring in the new guard, and change it's playing style, while it gets rid of the old. They're ranked 3rd in the world and finished 3rd at the World Cup. I'd also say they're a better team than Australia right now.(won 4 of their last 6 games against them) That's their downturn.

Kiwi's have been really dominant for about 5 years running now. They're going to hit a bit of a bump with a lot of their players getting old. Funny thing is though, I don't see them losing that #1 ranking in that bump because neither SA or Australia look like they have their shit together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2