Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fantasy League Report Week 5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Fantasy League Report Week 5 Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Fantasy League Report Week 5 Week_510

Game week 5 has come and gone with the average score of all leagues only 37, it was a week when any score well over that total would see your team make good progress up the table.

Our leagues top scores was bottom club n newbies Sharples FC who had some good luck and bad in their weeks total. They lost Deco right before the game who was their captain, so to get 52 points without the captain double points is a fantastic feat. All of Sharples forward line chipped in this week, plus 3 defender clean sheets helped boost the total. The good luck came in the form of Figuero of Wigan being promoted from the bench for the non playing Deco\Geiovani.

Sharples FC are now only 16 points from overhauling ABCDE FC who had a magnificent return from their captain Adebayor. He’s 8 points were doubled up to 16. Their problem was they got very little else from the other players. I notice that ABCDE FC only had 2 players playing at home this weekend. Next week could be their week after I notice they have played their wildcard. Spotlight falls on them later in this weeks report.

The Conservatives dropped another place in the league in a week when they got a couple of clean sheets n 2 assists, but not a lot else. They too suffered the loss of their captain in Deco, but like Sharples before them Figueroa came up trumps from the bench and brought in 6 points for the clean sheet. The decision to leave Carew on the bench was a killer. His goal and 3 point bonus would have brought another 8 points to the Conservatives.

K-Class pulled of a stroke of genius by making the Liverpool Goalkeeper as his captain for the week doubling up what most saw as a banker clean sheet at home to Stoke. Dossena chipped in with his clean sheet points from the same game and K=Class was well on the way to a good total. However, this is where the bad luck started to kick in. Another to lose the services of Deco, K-Class also missed on Ball of Man City not playing in the mauling of Pompey with another clean sheet. Ireland and Arteta again popped up with assists bringing a total for the team of 38.

ZingoBingo manager was very busy in the transfer market before this weekends fixtures. With Liverpool at home to Stoke he decided that Torres and Riera would be likely heavy points grabbers this week. So trading for them and taking Wigan hotshot Zaki for Michael Owen, it was fingers crossed that Liverpool performed. Alas as we all know Liverpool were firing blanks and Zaki didn’t trouble the Spurs net all game.

Stationary in 4th place we have United 4ever who had another quiet week. With their 3 Man Utd players all getting booked, plus in what might be the most suprizing 3 point bonus of the season so far going to Berbatov, they had an up n down week. Melchiot was a clean sheet and Ashley Young picked up as assist, but elsewhere their was little in the way of points. With Ronaldo back now and no doubt a constant captain for United 4ever, we should see better totals coming from them in the future and you can be sure the fools that give out the bonus points will reward Ronaldo no matter what he does.

In what is turning out to be a bit of a fairytale couple of weeks, the SpiderPigs are like a sponge soaking up points from all area’s. This week Santa Cruz set up the Blackburn winner bringing assist points to double up to 10 points. Adebayor with 8 more points after his transfer and another last week transfer Malbranque also bringing 8 points to the party. Clean sheets from Skrtel and Melchiot boosted the total even more. Only Downing’s penalty miss was a step back in a total of 49 points. The SpiderPigs are now in 3rd place after jumping over ZingoBingo and United 4ever. Simplemen n InjuryFreeSeason watch out!

Staying in 2nd place are the Simplemen who suffered from the Pompey mauling more than most. James had all his points washed out and Distan ended up with minus points. Simplemen continued to get excellent points out of Ireland of Man City and Agbonlahor chipped in with his first goal since opening day. With only the one transfer by the Simpleman since the start of the league, it will be interesting to see how this manager kicks starts his team again after too quiet weeks. Any exciting plans ??

InjuryFreeSeason stays top with a points total of 35 this week mainly cause of Adebayor and Agbonlahor. The 14 points they brought to the total were the main reason the total got over 30 points after the gamble on taking Andrews of Blackburn failed to pay off any better than the player he replaced.

Spotlight falls on ABCDE FC.

When you first look at ABCDE FC’s squads since the start of the season you wonder how the hell they are so low in the table. Players like Torres Santa Cruz and Deco have all worn the ABCDE FC shirt this season, yet they find themselves nearer the bottom than top.

The current side as Petr Cech in goal who should in time produce plenty of clean sheet points and with everyones fav reserves keeper Schwarzer his under study this manager has a solid base.

In defence it seems the manager has bite the bullet to enable him to have more expensive flair players further up the field. Glen Johnson and Luke Young are two defenders from sides in the 2nd tier of the premiership with Figueroa of Wigan who is becoming ever popular with managers making a 3rd defender who should gain points over the season. Davenport of West Ham and Steinsson of Bolton are players I see as filling gaps in the squad that this manager could afford.

Its in midfield where ABCDE FC start to spend big and hope to cash in on the “mane” players. Ronaldo is a massive outlay in this seasons fantasy league based on his freak season last. He broke all records last season with the points he won and it would be some feat if he did the same this. You can be sure bonus points will come flying his way. Frank Lampard is a licence to print points in my book and its good to see this manager take him. I also like the signing of Valencia of Wigan who is said to be on a few bigger clubs shopping list just after Xmas. While Diarra of Pompey is a excellent young player, he does play the holding role which means he wont score as many as a more free flowing midfielder. Rory Delap is another who is proving to be very popular as his long throws are gaining him a lot of airtime.

Up front they have the 3 in form strikers in the premiership. Adebayor Defoe and Zaki have all scored high points in the first few weeks and I expect them all to be safe strikers over the coming weeks.
I don't think there is anything wrong with this squad of players. They just need a bit of luck to come their way to see them rising up the table.

Fantasy League Report Week 5 Abc10

I would pose this question to the manager of ABCDE FC and all others who have taken the plunge on Ronaldo at 14m. Don't you think the Fantasy league have tried to out price him this year? You can have Arteta and Valencia among others for the same money.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Diarra may be a holding midfielder but he gets bonus points thrown his way every time Pompey play well. Cheap too. Ronaldo is a must in my side because he provides many assists and will score goals. He is overpriced, but I have fit him in and would regret not having him if he did well. And you are right about the bonus points. He is a banker to get top dog every match. Berbatovs bonus was a joke in the game against Chelsea. A joke.
Its annoying me to be basically bottom of the league and have used my wildcard simply to make the necessary number of transfers to fit in Ronaldo.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:18 pm

Well, im doing better, as i thought i would, the best week, and it could of been so much better maybe? oIf Deco wasn't injured.

Is it really worth having a top class/expensive keeper..??

I am also considering fetching boy wonder in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Ronaldo is a risk at 14.0. But last year I waited too long to bring him into my squad and it cost me. I had a good start and was in about 1900th place when Ronaldo got hot, and a month later when I did bring in Ronaldo I was in 50,000th place and that's as close as I got. I felt I had to take the risk this year.

Ticktok is right about Ronaldo being a PAD (Press Association Darling) and he picks up undeserved bonus points, just like Fabregas, Gerrad or Lampard. You can't afford all four so I went with Ronaldo and Fabregas, if it doesn't work out I can switch to Gerrard and Lampard later.

A lot has to do with the schedule, Arsenal and Man United have a run of easier games right now. Plus Ronaldo and Fabregas will increase in price fairly rapidly over the next 3 or 4 weeks. With both of them coming off injuries their price was protected it couldn't raise or fall. Now the protection is off there should be raises in price. Right now the bandwagon is on Robinho and SWP who could both go up .02 this week, but the next bandwagon will be Ronaldo and Fabregas. In a month's time you could be able to transfer Fabregas and Ronaldo for Gerrard and Lampard and have close to 2.0 to help strengthen the squad elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Wasnt sure whether to put SWP in or not from now. I dont really want to be too reactive. Done well so far, but is it worth putting in for him now?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:15 pm

JoshBrfc wrote:
Well, im doing better, as i thought i would, the best week, and it could of been so much better maybe? oIf Deco wasn't injured.

I think it is important to have a top keeper. The clean sheets do add up and so do points for saves. One theory is that if you have a top keeper than you go with three inexpensive defenders and spend the money in midfield and upfront. You have two expensive defenders in Carragher and Laursen and an expensive Keeper. You have the same two keepers that I have,so do Ticktok, Zingobingo1, ABCDEF and Conservative. Schwarzer is a steal at 4.0. I was thinking of trading Cech for Hart who's 1.1 cheaper because City are on a roll but I don't really like Hart.

I like you midfield and strikers and it would take major changes to bring in Ronaldo. I don't whether you have used your wildcard because that maybe the only way to do it. But it is a personal thing with Ronaldo and I would think with your anti United feelings you wouldn't want him.

Last edited by Redcanuck on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm

abcdef wrote:
Wasnt sure whether to put SWP in or not from now. I dont really want to be too reactive. Done well so far, but is it worth putting in for him now?

From a price point of view, two weeks ago he was 7.5 and today he is 8.0. He may go up a little more but I can't see him continuing to raise at that level for long.

From a playing point of view, he has been the MOM in two of the three games he has played for City. But what happens when Petrov comes back. I think Elano maybe the odd man out, Hughes may go with a midfield of SWP Kompany Ireland Petrov. So SWP will probably still continue to play. But City have some options in midfield so who knows. City are at Wigan on the weekend and then home to Liverpool, so I don't expect them to run wild again til they play at Newcastle in three weeks time. Might be wise to wait on SWP until they play Newcastle and you know if he is still in the starting eleven.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm

I agree with alot of what has been said about Ronaldo in this thread so far.

I am hoping the high price that they set for him is a sign they intend to make it harder on the teams that pick him as last season it was pathetic as he only had to be on the pitch for half a game to get bonus points.

As he has been injured and many have held him over on their bench waiting for his return I expect him to get 2-3 bonus points in the forst 3 or 4 games. If he does and there are no goals or assists from him during those games we may as well pack up n stop as it becomes a pharse.

As I think most agree the bonus points are extreamly unfair and should be stopped or replaced with something far more to do with actuly perfoemance on the pitch and not the opinion of blinkerd onlookers.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Redcanuck wrote:
JoshBrfc wrote:

I think it is important to have a top keeper. The clean sheets do add up and so do points for saves. One theory is that if you have a top keeper than you go with three inexpensive defenders and spend the money in midfield and upfront. You have two expensive defenders in Carragher and Laursen and an expensive Keeper. You have the same two keepers that I have,so do Ticktok, Zingobingo1, ABCDEF and Conservative. Schwarzer is a steal at 4.0. I was thinking of trading Cech for Hart who's 1.1 cheaper because City are on a roll but I don't really like Hart.

I like you midfield and strikers and it would take major changes to bring in Ronaldo. I don't whether you have used your wildcard because that maybe the only way to do it. But it is a personal thing with Ronaldo and I would think with your anti United feelings you wouldn't want him.

Not a personal thing at all.. i love his talent.. the reason i didn't put him in from the start, was because of the injury.. i have recently used my wildcard and brought in Cesc, you say you like my strikers.. well i always try and get 3 top strikers.. Very Happy

Im gonna keep Cech.. but am considering bringing in Ronaldo.. its just a question of whather he will be as good this seasn as he was last.. but i think he will be as good.. because he will always be involved scoring and assisting imo.. but its just a question of spending, yet again.. more points.. hmmmmmm.. what to do what to do Smile

Last edited by JoshBrfc on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Fantasy League Report Week 5 Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Fantasy League Report Week 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 pm

getting good at this now
United at home to Bolton could get some easy points this weekend, and Villa at home to Sunderland might get the likes of Carew, Barry and Gabby Ag some points too, Chelsea seemingly have an easy game vs Stoke, even if it is away - some big points up for grabs again I reckon.
Personally, even with it being the mersey side Derby, I'll keep Adebayor for the home game versus Hull, make him captain - with 1-9m still remaining in the kitty, and Downing and A.Young haing relatively easy games this weekend (in terms of opportunity to pick up points), I might take Skrtel out and bring A.Cole back in or possibly a United defender.
happy days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy League Report Week 5   Fantasy League Report Week 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy League Report Week 5
Page 1 of 1