Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2nd Test V West Indies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

2nd Test V West Indies Empty
PostSubject: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:45 am

Not sure how he manages to do it - but ol Ding Dong is back again scratch

England squad: AJ Strauss (captain), AN Cook, RS Bopara, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood, IR Bell, MJ Prior (wicketkeeper), SCJ Broad, TT Bresnan, GP Swann, JM Anderson, G Onions, RJ Sidebottom.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

Number of posts : 1492
2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:13 pm

He keeps scoring runs in county cricket. Thats all that can be asked of him.

That said, Kent got him out for a duck today. Just what we needed as we continued our winning streak of 5 consecutive games.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

Number of posts : 995
2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:33 pm

I have always liked him tbh..

I hope he can perform anyway!

Sidebottom back in aswell.. if he is fit and in form.. with more match practice before the ashes.. that will be a good addition.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:44 am

JoshBrfc wrote:
I have always liked him tbh..

I hope he can perform anyway!

Sidebottom back in aswell.. if he is fit and in form.. with more match practice before the ashes.. that will be a good addition.

Yep I like left arm over quickies - ok he isnt lightning - but he is differrent - Fingers crossed he is fit all season - does this mean we lose Anderson from the Attack?
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:23 pm

I was kind of surprised Bell was left out of the first squad as he was making runs - he must've been disappointed after having made runs in the county championships and then not being selected, but with Bopara batting the way he did in the first test I would be extremely surprised to see Bell come back in to the first XI unless it was for an injury.

As for Sidebottom, it would be harsh on Bresnan if he was dropped and I feel Anderson is doing enough at the moment for his place to be secure so it will be interesting to see if Sidebottom comes straight into the team.

As eluded to in the previous post, having a left arm over the wicket bowler who can swing it back in back to a right hander is a nice option to have, especially opening the bowling on a cloudy morning during our great British summer Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah well I asked the question about Anderson as we know what he can do - Bresnan we dont know so much about n we need to see if he can cut it at the highest level.

Id have Sidebottom in straight away - bowling working on a rythem n his action.

Sidebottom n Onions are in for the first test Ashes for me - the other 3 bowling are still up for grabs - obvioulsy Freddie gets on if fit - picked as a bowler!

Onions by the way reminds me of a old Kent bowler who did very well against the Aussies back in the 80's - Richard Ellison.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm

The 5 bowlers for me would be Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Sidebottom and Anderson.

Unless Onions takes more than 5 in this next test match, it would be difficult to see him start the first Ashes test match. As always it will come down to the experienced players getting ahead of new ones.

That is unless they pick on form of course (for once).
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyMon May 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Never underestimate the advantage of a new bowler to a ashes series - someone they havent heard off - faced. Best bowlers in this country are the ones who move the ball through the air n off the pitch.

The Aussies know all about Anderson – he is no threat.
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:29 pm

England name unchanged squad - and this is the final test match they play before the Ashes...
82-1 at Lunch

(Anyone know if anything happened at the toss between Strauss and Gayle?)
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Bopara shines again as England take the advantage

Essex boys Ravi Bopara and opener Alastair Cook both made centuries as England closed the day on 302-2. An opening partnership of 69 between skipper Andrew Strauss and Alaistair Cook set the stall out as England strolled to 302-2 by the end of day 1 of the second and final test match. But then Cook and Essex team mate Ravi Bopara both went on to make hundreds as they made easy work of a flat, lifeless Windies bowling attack.

-----------
dire bowling from the Windies - reminded me of my club team from 5 years ago - easy work for Cook and Bopara - Cook did very well and converted his 50 and Bopara has just cemented his ashes spot - easy as pie.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:35 pm

I was listening to test match special for a long period this afternoon. Lots was spoken of including - The very poor turn out in fans - many a email spoken that lords or whoever have been taken the micky out of the fans in the north with yet again giving durham a lack luster below test match level game.

It was spoken of the West Indies not wanting to be here when they are replacements for first Zimbabwe then Sri Lanka in this 2 test series.

Overall its a very sorry n amatuer way to prepare for a Ashes series.

Cant fault the two Essex boys - but one has to question the interest of the opposition.
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue32 / 99932 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm

I suppose they will be confident. Especially Bopara.. Just hope they aren't too confident by time the ashes comes around.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

2nd Test V West Indies Left_bar_bleue40 / 99940 / 9992nd Test V West Indies Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:27 am

West Indies attitude is questionable, but you can only beat what is in front of you and right now we are doing that quite convincingly. Hopefully the players can continue to dominate the game, build their confidence and start a win streak that might help us start the Ashes well. We dont do well in the first match of series usually, but maybe this time it can be different.
Back to top Go down
abcdef

abcdef

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:08 am

...Fucking rain...
Back to top Go down
huzup

huzup

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:41 am

Yep - dont think there's going to be any cricket today...
Back to top Go down
JoshBrfc

JoshBrfc

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Gotta love England Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Test V West Indies   2nd Test V West Indies Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd Test V West Indies
Page 1 of 1