Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Capello names Gerrard as captain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
huzup

huzup

Number of posts : 1067
Capello names Gerrard as captain Left_bar_bleue89 / 99989 / 999Capello names Gerrard as captain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

Capello names Gerrard as captain Empty
PostSubject: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 3:07 pm

New England manager Fabio Capello has made Steven Gerrard his captain for Wednesday's friendly against Switzerland, his first match in charge.

The Liverpool midfielder steps into the role until Capello has had more time to decide on a permanent skipper, with previous incumbent John Terry injured.
Capello said: "Gerrard is important because he can pass on things, transmit things and inspire the players.

"But I will not name a permanent captain before the Andorra match."
-----------------------------
An early indication to see who Capello will make permanent captain, or just using the obvious choice while Terry's out?
Does put to bed those saying Rio should/will get it though
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Capello names Gerrard as captain Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Capello names Gerrard as captain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 4:05 pm

huzup wrote:

-----------------------------
An early indication to see who Capello will make permanent captain, or just using the obvious choice while Terry's out?
Does put to bed those saying Rio should/will get it though

I don't think so.

I understood that he was going to have a different captain for each game until he names a permanent one for the first qualifier in September. I believe Owen or Rio will be the captain for the next game. I have even heard Hargreaves will be given a shot. Capello wants to test them all out. Or he could just be delaying naming a permanent captain because Terry is out injured.
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Capello names Gerrard as captain Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Capello names Gerrard as captain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:37 pm

I am disgusted with the way Capello is treating John. Its said Capello treats captains as a nothing position as he isn’t interested in a leader on the pitch, just a team that does as its told and plays within his boundaries.

If the Captain is going to be Gerrard… all well and good…. But lets have it out in the open. I don’t feel Rio will get a sniff of it. Its just the media showing options and to mention Hargreaves Red is really funny. Gees…. He is a dodgy squad player let alone every gamer.
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Capello names Gerrard as captain Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Capello names Gerrard as captain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 am

Terry does seem to be getting treated shabby. Even if Capello wants another captain, Terry should be treated better than he has. Going on what the papers are reporting that Capello has said, he will have a different captain in every friendly and not name a permanent captain until after the first qualifier against Andorra in September.

Other than Gerrard who else is there, Rooney is getting better at controlling his temper but he is still ticking bomb, Owen doesn't seem to be liked by Capello and doesn't seem to be starting, if you believe the papers. That only leaves Rio and I imagine he will be captain for the next England game, I still question his judgement off the field and his concentration on it, but Capello is supposed to be a fan of his ball handling skills and his ability to bring the ball out from the back.

As for Hargreaves, he may have been a bit player under McClaren, but I expect he will have a major role under Capello. The holding midfielder, sitting just above the back four is going to play a prominent role in Capello's England. That seems to be Capello's favoured style of playing, I am not really sold on it but we will have to see what Capello does. I can't see Hargreaves being named captain, what with him being born in Canada, but he could be one of the first names on the team sheet when Capello names his lineup.
Back to top Go down
Trickster

Trickster

Number of posts : 127
Capello names Gerrard as captain Left_bar_bleue35 / 99935 / 999Capello names Gerrard as captain Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 1:22 am

I am just looking forward to seeing what Mr Capello can do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capello names Gerrard as captain   Capello names Gerrard as captain Empty

Back to top Go down

Capello names Gerrard as captain
Page 1 of 1