Talk-Football
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Talk-Football

Football conversation between followers of the worlds fav game.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Capello Resigns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Capello Resigns Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Capello Resigns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Capello Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Capello Resigns   Capello Resigns EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 pm

You never know what is going to happen in football. I thought and hoped this was a possibility, but a pretty slim one.

I have to say that it is for the best. When Capello first became England's manager I thought it was a great move and he would have a lot of success. Whether it's is poor command of English or lack of true understanding of England's footballing culture, it hasn't work out as well as I had hoped. There has just been too many off field distractions, few of which Capello handled probably to get this England team playing their best.

While he has a high win percentage and has done well in qualifiers and friendlies, England seemed to come up short when it mattered. (Though you could say that about every England manager since Ramsey). I think it would have been best all around if he had been fired after the World Cup. The FA should have got in a new manger who started to bring in some of the kids and used the Euros as a developmental tournament for the 2014 World Cup.

Now we have four months to go before the Euros, no manager, no captain and too many old players who should have retired from international duty after the last World Cup

Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Capello Resigns Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Capello Resigns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Capello Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello Resigns   Capello Resigns EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 am

I am happy as far as this news has made me a little richer.

Placed a nice bet on Capello not to complete his contract just after FA announced he would continue to be England manager after the South African world cup.

Been down to Ladbrokes this morning n collected. Very Happy Two Pockets cheers

On the actual football point, I dont give a monkeys what happens to the national team and will be hoping Harry gets the job so he can experience people turning on him when he fails to get players, over rated by their footballing fans who boo players because they play in the wrong club shirt for their pathetic little minds to accept, to perform anywhere near the level required to worry winning a competition.

I have wonderful respect for Capello after his decision to resign and while the media will get into a frenzy trying to push their man (Harry) to the top of the list to replace him, we must not forget Capello, who's CV makes Harry's look like used toilet paper (Anyone going to bring up taking Southampton down?), walked away from taking our so called blue chip national team to a major championship just 4 months from the event.

I think that tells you where our standing is in world football n how good our chances are of winning anything.

Lastly, those England players offering opinions on who the next manager should be, should keep their opinions to their selves. Roy Keane last night ~ Top Man!
Back to top Go down
TickTok

TickTok

Number of posts : 5199
Capello Resigns Left_bar_bleue115 / 999115 / 999Capello Resigns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Capello Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello Resigns   Capello Resigns EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Arsenal fan in conversation with me today.

Just imagine, the QPR fan who has reported what he thinks John Terry said to Ferdinand, is a liar.

England captain ~ Removed.

England Manager ~ Removed.

England football squad said to be split in two 4 months before competition finals.

Everyones fav Ken Dodd clone n one trophy winner in 30 year Managerial career made England manager.

Proved the QPR fan made it all up.

Would that mean FA panel are all ~ Removed?
Back to top Go down
Redcanuck
Admin
Admin
Redcanuck

Number of posts : 5115
Capello Resigns Left_bar_bleue130 / 999130 / 999Capello Resigns Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-04

Capello Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello Resigns   Capello Resigns EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Liverpool fans think that it was somebody within the FA who reported Terry so they would not have to find him guilty like they did Suarez.

Still wonder if we will ever find out who reported Terry?

I just looked up images of Ken Dodd he does look like Harry. I remember Ken Dodd as a kid, his number one hit knocked the Beatles off the top of the charts for about a month.

England replacing Managers and Captains and having a split squad seems to be par for the course the last few years.

Nothing will happen to the FA, they will say that they were acting on all know information at the time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capello Resigns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello Resigns   Capello Resigns Empty

Back to top Go down

Capello Resigns
Page 1 of 1